1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

HDPE Source

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Projects' started by whyamisofly, Dec 2, 2017.

1. whyamisofly

whyamisofly Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Anyone know of a local HDPE source? Plan on going bare bottom on my cube and would like to place some HDPE on the bottom to protect the glass. From what I understand, I will need the marine grade and would prefer it in sandshade.

I found a place called "Plastic on Demand" online, but they want $20 for shipping a $40 piece of plastic (Roughly 28.152"x28.125").

Thanks in advance!

2. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Not to jack your thread but wha cube did u get? There’s a acrylic place in Fort Collins

3. whyamisofly

Your old 93g, lol.

4. Haddonisreef

That’s what I was wondering! Oh that tank is awesome! Custome made by yours truly!

5. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Colorado plastic products.... They usually have a good amount of hdpe in their scrap sale the do i think on the last Friday of months or third Friday. I don't remember what it is.

They're in Louisville

6. whyamisofly

Thanks RJ, they're right down the road from me!

7. whyamisofly

Any idea if the bottom is tempered?

I found a tag signifying it's a Perfecto tank built in 2012.

8. Haddonisreef

No idea man

9. whyamisofly

3rd Friday, just called to confirm.