1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Hello! (again!)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Archit, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Archit

Archit Copepod Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

Well, I want to say hello again! (formerly!) :)

After a year of trying to move to Colorado, we have finally been able to do so and are super psyched to be here!

Going to be a long(ish) process setting up my tank again, but we'll get there .... (I lugged my 275g from Boston to Denver).

In the meanwhile, do we have any meetings that I could attend and connect with fellow reefers? Also which fish stores do people recommend? We have been to 4 different stores so far but didn't really see many fellow hobbyists (aside from the owners) at any of them.

- Archit

2. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Best shop hands down is aquatic art in Highlands ranch. Only open Friday and Saturday but worth it.

There is a meeting this month i think on 3/25 there is a thread on that.

Otherwise welcome! What part of town are you in

SkyShark likes this.
  3. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

4. neil82

neil82 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Welcome! Glad you found this forum.

5. Off The Deep End

Off The Deep End Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

6. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

:handwaving: Hello there, welcome to Colorado look forward to meeting you at our next event at Murrman's Reef
    Other great stores around Denver Aquatic art and Ambrosio Aquatics both are great stores for fish, coral and gear. For corals Mind Blowing and Gonzo's are pretty awesome too.

7. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Welcome to MASC and Colorado! Look forward to build thread!

8. Archit

Archit Copepod Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

Awesome! Thank you everyone!! I'll try to make it to the meeting on the 25th and hopefully meet some of you!

@Balz3352 : We moved to SE Aurora

Yeah, I got to meet MBC at the ReefStock -- def plan on visiting her once our tank is setup. Gonzo was too crowded so didn't really get a chance to talk to him.

Aquatic Art is definitely on our list of store to go but timings make it a bit tough :) one day!

9. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Welcome! I'm sure I can speak for many that would love to see a build thread on that 275!

Balz3352 likes this.
  10. Jadkins4

Jadkins4 Amphipod

Welcome to Colorado and the Club! Wish you the best on setting up your tank!

11. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Welcome! I made a map of the local stores a while back. I’ll try to find it and bump it up for you. Aquatic Art and Murrmans Reef are my personal favorites, but I try to get around and at least check each one out.

12. Legonch

Legonch Emerald Reef Supply M.A.S.C Club Member Featured Sponsor

Welcome to Colorado and MASC!

13. NickP

NickP Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Welcome!!!