Help me source some specific live foods locally?

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looking at once I get going trying cuttlefish. I'm still looking into if you can culture at home the clear shore/grass shrimp feeders you sometime see or even maybe cherry shrimp. Even if I can it's a toss up if those will be taken by fresh baby cuttles, though they will eat them for sure when older. If I can't culture them, something g where if I bought a few hundred I could keep alive for several weeks would be ideal.

Ideally I need live mysis. Culturing them looks very intensive and a pita. Multiple tanks and hatching brine daily basically.

Question would be anyone know of somewhere I CO that actually cultures live mysis or maybe some similar small live food. Possibly something denver aquarium does and could work out trade for cuttles? Knew someone here knew folk there.Pods apparently are no good though.

Anyone know of a store that keeps steady supply of the little freshwater shrimps of assorted types? There's a place I've only been to once that is in a ki da run down area o. Like wads or Sheridan down by like 76th that carried black worms and a ton of other live stuff.

The final option is just ordering food weekly but that will be too pricey in the long run. I've even thought about if baby dubia nymphs could work based on so.e things I read about other terrestrial foods used in marine food.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cherry shrimp actually breed very well. I'm not sure about the ghost shrimp. Most LFS usually carry both around town. I've seen a couple that have dwarf blue crayfish that breed also

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fresh fish as feeders bad yes. Stuff I saw seemed to indicate this was different for freshwater crustaceans. Either way these are feeders to make it thru first month until they are bigger and on frozen mysis and krill.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also named of lfs in North most Denver or Loveland/fort Collins good. Ones I go to actually seen to rarely have any feeders in stock and on hand except for guppies and the like. Or they'll have like a whopping 10 large shore shrimp.