Help, time ticking...

MattL

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I want to get 3 of the 180w fixtures, however I am stuck with the question of do I get the system with the 1watt or 3watt LEDs? Would the 3w LEDs get more light to the bottom of his 125, or is 180w the same either way? Would really like the input because the deadline is coming soon!

BTW, mixed reef, softies to sps. 125g long.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would go with the 3watt leds and I say that because I have seen both the 1watt units and the own a 3watt unit. I like the color better and I get get killer PAR readins.

MattL

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
What kind of spread are we're talking? My dad has a 125g, 6ft long, and thinking of getting 3 of them. My dad got screwed in his last led buy, no spread at all the optics are totally f'ed. So I want to get him the best situation possible. Thanks for the help.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MattL;151392 said:
What about the spread? I want to know if the 3w spread like the 1w.
Yes the three still have a 2x2 spread but with more par.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes the spread is the same as the unit is the same size with the 3watt as with the1watt.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry to chime in so late. The way the vendor explained it to me the LEDs have built in optics so it wouldn't be like a lens over the light, it comes in the LED nodes. You just have to choose if you want 60, 90 or 120 degree angle. Since this is a concern to you you should go with 120 degree. That's what I did after all.