Here we go again

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy, very nice. On the firearm board I frequent, people live by that feedback info. I think it keeps people in good standing on there otherwise nobody will have transactions with you. Although some people might not like someone and put bad feedback on purpose.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Here we go again

deboy69;247829 said:
Maybe we need a buyer feedback section also. Instead of just a seller feedback

Sent from Earth
I like this idea.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know I mentioned it before...but iTrader would be a helpful addition to our site. It allows you to leave buyer/seller feedback in a format similar to ebay, and you have to link to a thread in order to leave feedback...which helps alleviate any positive or negative spamming of people.

I know some feel we're not big enough of a group for that, and it seems unnecessary, and some people even may think that it'd create friction in the club...but the bad eggs will be weeded out quickly that way. I had someone get rather nasty with me several months ago after I posted a WTB thread, because I asked if they were going to the meeting so I could arrange pickup. Apparently some people feel that they "don't have time for that stuff", and it was supposedly audacious of me to even make that request, and I needed to drive across town to save 5 bucks on a 20 dollar used item.

On the other hand...I had someone recently OFFER to meet me in a more convenient location than his place, and he drove 15 minutes north of his home to shorten my drive. I didn't even ask...it worked out well and I ended up being able to spend the evening with my lady rather than driving well out of the way to pick up a small item. Without any feedback section, the best I could do was throw him an extra $5 for his thoughtfulness.

People should know who the good and bad eggs are...I've had people offer to buy coral then come to my house and try to talk me down on price. I'd rather not go through that again, and thus have resorted to trading, or just been bringing frags to Elite when I have extra coral on hand.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member

jahmic;247857 said:
I know I mentioned it before...but iTrader would be a helpful addition to our site. It allows you to leave buyer/seller feedback in a format similar to ebay, and you have to link to a thread in order to leave feedback...which helps alleviate any positive or negative spamming of people.

I know some feel we're not big enough of a group for that, and it seems unnecessary, and some people even may think that it'd create friction in the club...but the bad eggs will be weeded out quickly that way. I had someone get rather nasty with me several months ago after I posted a WTB thread, because I asked if they were going to the meeting so I could arrange pickup. Apparently some people feel that they "don't have time for that stuff", and it was supposedly audacious of me to even make that request, and I needed to drive across town to save 5 bucks on a 20 dollar used item.

On the other hand...I had someone recently OFFER to meet me in a more convenient location than his place, and he drove 15 minutes north of his home to shorten my drive. I didn't even ask...it worked out well and I ended up being able to spend the evening with my lady rather than driving well out of the way to pick up a small item. Without any feedback section, the best I could do was throw him an extra $5 for his thoughtfulness.

People should know who the good and bad eggs are...I've had people offer to buy coral then come to my house and try to talk me down on price. I'd rather not go through that again, and thus have resorted to trading, or just been bringing frags to Elite when I have extra coral on hand.
Fantastic idea.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
daverf;247769 said:
Yikes. Hope the dbag that called Mike a dbag was banned. Technically bylaws and policy only apply to membership for clubs, so the nonmembers that blow into town can/should be kicked right back out if they don't want to be respectful of the club members? My view.
people who threaten other members dont even get kicked so why would name callers...

MASC CL or wherever you are people will complicate your world then extract the value. Better to humble yourselves and walk away

Well to Jump on the bandwagon first I have to say who ever called Mike a dbag is an Igor to put it nice. Mike and Cindy are always willing to help out in any way. I've seen then drive from one end of Colorado to the other just to simply help move a tank. Online advise is always great from them. You guys are A+ people much thanks to you.
As for Craig listers stay there it makes it very difficult to enjoy there forums with those of you. There are very few that are honest. I'm all for becoming a member before you can sell I think the will always be bad seeds but easier to weed through because most don't want to spend money just to sell after all thats why craigslist is free. Remember keep it clean and things work better. Just my two cents worth.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Nicely put

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
JNG;247853 said:
deboy, very nice. On the firearm board I frequent, people live by that feedback info. I think it keeps people in good standing on there otherwise nobody will have transactions with you. Although some people might not like someone and put bad feedback on purpose.
COAR15? Be nice to cross link feedback threads ha.

This is something I've been meaning to do here. Noticed feedback section is fairly unused and misused. Have my list of all my PM's to try and get everyone updated when I find an hour free. (One post with multiple names doesn't help much, likewise everyone posting their own for a person rather than filing in the same thread per person)

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh look everybody! ANOTHER Craigslist ad posted on our forum by someone who joined specifically to post a half-assed list of crap they're selling in a YARD SALE. I guarantee that we'll never hear from this guy again, not even to answer questions about the stuff he's trying to sell. All he wanted to do was announce that he's gonna have some fish gear sitting on his front lawn in a few days that he'd like to make some money on.

http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?19866-Community-Garage-Sale-06-07-06-08

I like a good deal as much as the next person, but if we don't do something about this kind of thing, then we really are just a glorified craigslist. This is blatant BS, not even camoflaged with air freshener.