hope if you own Tunze's you dont like flow!

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mike, those numbers are way off. How about a flagrant false advertisement lawsuit. :p Maybe they meant liters per hour and no one proof read the packaging.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That response doesn't make it any better. Basically just states they didn't do any real tests to come up with their numbers. Sounds like they need some better developers and a real laboratory at Tunze.

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
pathetic, didn't anyone take a business ethics coarse. did tunze try and question the credibility of the authors of the study? or is that just me?

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't think anyone would question the authors of the article. They are some of the most respected names in the Reef Hobby/Industry. The response from Tunze leads me to question their products and their credibility. The article used doppler technology to test the pumps. Tunze used a garbage bag and theoretical math. If you read the article and the response, it is pretty easy to determine who knows what they are talking about.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bag test...Bahahahahaha. If it was me writing the response, I would omit the bag testing. Makes the company look like amateurs. I guess you can use a fast frame camera and volume to do some calculations, but wouldn't that be more expensive than the method used by Jake? I can't rip them using theoretical math, I'm sure most companies also use it. No real way to find out except to know all the companies method of testing.

Idea for next years science fair: How flow is affected in an aquarium. Test flow at different distances/depths from the powerhead, obstacles, shape of tank, dimensions of tank, position of powerhead. You can get into desired effects, but that can also be a separate experiment for the following year using the info gathered in the first test.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mdrumm

Butterfly Fish
They should have put flow 7900GPH*

*this is a theoretical calculation blah, blah blah

that is where the deception lies. They claimed 7900gph, not a "theoretical 7900gph"

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wonder how many people with 2 year old pumps are gonna call them and try to demand refunds now...

120greefman

I have a 6105 in my 120 with a wavemaker, it is more than enough. I actually have it turned down some. I have a hard time believing the so called "study" based on what I have used in the past and now currently.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You know there is a guy from RC just bashing his face against a key board as he just laid down premo dollars for some used tunze wave maker pumps...poor lil fella...