Horribly cracked acrylic cube

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay I have no intention in starting this till hopefully around July just putting that out there if it can indeed be salvaged. Until then id like to get opinions on how to go about fixing it if you all think its possible. So ill pretty much let the pictures speak for themselves but ill try to explain as well. The tank has a horrible crack along the middle bottom panel, it starts from center right and works its away across the left to just before where the left and front panel meet. It cracked that corner pretty bad and then split the left and front panel from each other almost alway the way up. On the left back corner with the back black panel it looks like that seems tried to split before and had been repaired. I know nothing about acrylic but doesn't look to be a repair I would trust. One of the top supports has cracked but I'm sure thats not a hard thing to fix since it will likely not be seen. Okay if you've made it this far thank you for reading!:smug: Any and all opinions are welcome, especially from those who have experience with acrylic. Other then that enjoy these ugly pictures!

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Keep getting this thing saying php file limit of 2.0mb exceeded on both my Mac and iPhone and can't figure out why those certain pics aren't uploading.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have you tried he photo bucket link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
When you add from the phone does it give you the option to size it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Had it been me (which it wasn't cause Aztec didn't say anything about first come first server when he posted or I would have just come in the morning :) ), I would have just cut the entire thing down to individual sheets and re-assembled a slightly smaller version...

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
szavoda;n650791 said:
Had it been me (which it wasn't cause Aztec didn't say anything about first come first server when he posted or I would have just come in the morning :) ), I would have just cut the entire thing down to individual sheets and re-assembled a slightly smaller version...
See I thought you had passed cause I got a call and even offered to have it passed on and called 2 hours later after my work out was done and he said no one had taken it so I drove up. And that what I'm thinking I'll do but keep it the same size but I'll need to replace two full sides so tear it all apart and then bond them all back together but once I get pics up I'll see what everyone thinks. Sorry about that though.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks like the fourth photo is the one that shows how the corner is cracked and how it split at the seam of the two panels

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
JuanGutz;n650843 said:
See I thought you had passed cause I got a call and even offered to have it passed on and called 2 hours later after my work out was done and he said no one had taken it so I drove up. And that what I'm thinking I'll do but keep it the same size but I'll need to replace two full sides so tear it all apart and then bond them all back together but once I get pics up I'll see what everyone thinks. Sorry about that though.
Eh - I think I am now glad it didn't work out. I don't think I needed another big project like that. Let me know if you need any help, though!

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am sticking with my original plan - cut off an inch or so off of every direction and use the panels just as if they came new

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
szavoda;n650856 said:
I am sticking with my original plan - cut off an inch or so off of every direction and use the panels just as if they came new
well its going to need a new bottom panel regardless I don't see how that large of crack can be fixed haha. Thats really not a bad idea though and would be the cheapest route to go as well. Looks like option one. Any one else have an idea or agree with that?