Need Light

One of my ballasts in my biocube just failed me. And Id rather not try and mess around with the electronics of it. So i need a light ASAP.

The plan is to retrofit the hood and for leds or something until I can get a mesh cover.

Wondering if the lovely people of MASC have any spares theyre willing to sell for cheap.

I was planning to go to the event tomorrow if it can be arranged to pick up there seeing as I am pretty far away.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
If you are an Amazon guy check out the Kessil Tuna Blue A80, brand new for $126. I think they are being discontinued and are a couple of Kessil generations old...but I think for a biocube it might be a pretty decent light. I've never owned one, so I can't really say....but I noticed the price was really good. There is another option for $154 that has the gooseneck as well.

I wanted to pick it up tomorrow and id rather get it from one of you guys. Keep the money in the community and what not. I know some like to hoard equipment

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The equipment hoarders don't like to sell stuff. :( Ask me how I know?

Just getting a new ballasts will be the cheapest. Have you checked the connectors to see if anything is lose? If you want to still use your lid, then look at a RapidLED biocube kit, or the like - these require some DIY skill no different than changing ballasts. The Kessil or Prime will need the top to be removed.

The equipment hoarders don't like to sell stuff. :( Ask me how I know?

Just getting a new ballasts will be the cheapest. Have you checked the connectors to see if anything is lose? If you want to still use your lid, then look at a RapidLED biocube kit, or the like - these require some DIY skill no different than changing ballasts. The Kessil or Prime will need the top to be removed.
Im starting to look at it as a lemon. And if i have to get something new why not upgrade and why not something substantial. I have no idea how old the unit is i bought it used.

I have a spare Reefbreeders light I’ve been hoarding. I would be willing to let it go to a soldier for $200. (As long as you’re not Air Force ;) ).

Not sure if it fits the dimensions of the biocube well. Photon 24.

https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/photon-24-v2/

Let me know if you’re interested. I can bring it along tomorrow.
I would love to but the dimensions are 20 x 20.8 x 18.8 inches. Id have a lot of hang time