1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

I am looking to donate my 120G mixed reef to a school

Discussion in 'General Reefkeeping Discussion' started by snowboard1, Sep 11, 2018.

1. snowboard1

snowboard1 Copepod

Does anyone know one that may be inbterested? Tank has been up for about 12 yrs

fulltank1.jpg fulltank1.jpg bluetang.jpg

Attached Files:

2. halmus

halmus Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

Very generous! Beautiful system. If nothing else, I think there are a few existing school tanks that would be interested in the livestock. I bet they’ll be checking in with you soon.

kchristensen8064 likes this.
  3. snowboard1

snowboard1 Copepod

20180911_113302[1].jpg 20180911_113310[1].jpg 20180911_113315[1].jpg If no schools come forward, I am selling this tank setup. Everything needs to go by Sunday. Please make me an offer. No parting out at this time.
    120G AGA corner overflow
    custom hand made stand
    12K GpH powerheads one (MP40) on external battery
    Sicce return 900+ gph
    Biopellet reactor
    Carbon/gfo reactor
    large external Skimz skimmer
    2 part dosing on peristaltic pumps
    Kalk reactor
    ATO
    Full Neptune system with leak detection/wireless control 20+ programable outlets
    3 Reefbrite Hybrid LED/Halides with electronic and magnetic ballasts
    Complete RO/DI system and water changing station
    milwaukie 20180911_113533[1].jpg 20180911_113533[1].jpg 20180911_113251[1].jpg 20180911_113533[1].jpg electronic salinity meter
    salt, 2 part chemicals, gfo, carbon, fragging gear, spare plumbing

4. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I currently have a 450 gallon mixed reef in my classroom. I could definitely incorporate the livestock into this system. I just noted on my build thread that I am ready to start adding SPS back and this would definitely help to fill the space I have. I could use a majority of the equipment, but honestly I don't need all of it. I do know of some other schools and school systems that I could pass the equipment on to. Let me know what you think.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  5. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

PM Sent.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  6. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I might be interested in some of the equipment if the school can't use it....perhaps they could sell some of it and use the proceeds to help offset the costs of maintaining tanks at the school? Or MASC donations? I'd be curious about the lights...

7. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

I’d be very interested in buying the kalk reactor from any school!’

8. MuralReef

9. MuralReef

I never heard anything back. I hope he found a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app