I gots eggs!!!

I got a bunch of snails last night and woke up this morning and there are snail eggs all over the glass =)

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
What are the chances of these becoming new clean-up crew?

I know fish eggs take extraordinary measures to hatch and mature, but I do not know the survivability of eggs from the other species in our tanks.

Nice to have happening either way.

im not sure, I have read nassarius eggs dont last long in aquariums, but i also read opposite. Either way, I dont want an infestation at the same time.. so if i do notice they start to hatch ill probably feed a bunch to my nem lol.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
You sure those are nassarius and not nerite eggs? From what I've read about Nerite, they won't hatch unless in brackish water (take that info with a grain of salt because I know nothing).

My nerites lay eggs all the time. I do have TONS of tiny snails, but when researching I thought I figured out that they are Collinista and not baby Nerite. Time will tell if all of a sudden they start growing larger than the head of a pin size they are now.

well All the forums i read that had pictures identified them as nassarius. Nassarius is all i put in my tank last night, and they are all raping eachother on my glass right now. lol

I prefer to think it was consensual snail activities lol. How can you tell? Lol

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
goslugsgo;287677 said:
Listen for the safe word.
YES. Please make sure they're playing safe and sane. I'd hate to see a snail destroyed over something that's supposed to be fun.