1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

I need to borrow a laser.

Discussion in 'Pests and Possible Troublesome Inverts' started by MuralReef, Dec 13, 2018.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Hey folks! I have a bit of a majano problem starting up in the big tank that I need to get a handle on. If anyone has a laser that I can borrow to burn them up that would be great. Let me know.
    Mike

2. halmus

halmus Cuttle Fish Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

I’ve got one I modified to run off of a power supply rather than batteries. So, there’s a cable running to it and a foot actuated pedal type switch. You’re welcome to borrow the kit.

Bit of a drive though. I can bring it to the next meeting if it can wait that long.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  3. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I will probably try to swing by sometime over my break.

4. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Can't stop picturing "sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads"

sharks.gif

Matt_Arian, halmus, SynDen and 3 others like this.
  5. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

@MuralReef look into a silver scat. All I’ve read shows they are reef safe and only go after Aiptasia and majano.

6. MuralReef

I'd be okay with an ugly fish! Anyone know where to get one. I'd also have to acclimate it to full saltwater.

7. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

I went over to animal attraction yesterday, they have one fully acclimated to saltwater and in a tank full of Aiptasia but the fish looked horrible. Most fish stores should be able to get it since it’s brackish. Maybe call around to places closer to you.

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.
  8. MuralReef

I will check it out thanks for the advice!

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.