ID: Watermelon zoas?

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think they are anyway. Getting ready to do my first frags in the next few days and wanted to know in case anyone wants to trade?
View attachment 22161

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Either eagle eyes or watermelons. I had watermelons and they seemed to b more pronounced than the eagle eyes, when they aren't side by side I have a hard time telling though.

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's the issue that I'm having as well. I jumped on CoralPedia and I'm still not sure if they're eagle eyes or watermelons, for a few reasons. First, watermelons have an almost fluorescent green tentacle, while eagle eyes have a more greenish-yellow tentacle, so that's near impossible to determine unless, like you said, they're side by side. Second, eagle eye polyps have a pronounced green-tinted mouth, while watermelons are more subtle and blended in more with the oral disc (A few that are in my buddy's tank have a green tinted mouth, but the others have a blended mouth and oral disc). Finally, the oral disc on watermelon has a larger portion of orange blended from the mouth to the tentacle crown, while eagle eye has a narrower section of orange. Dunno...

Eagle Eye Zoanthids

Wam'n Watermelon Zoanthids

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
....Ugh.... I'll say this, I'm writing this s**t down, then I'm slapping my buddy upside the head for not doing so in the first place....

Jeremiah, what's your take on those zoas?

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would guess watermelon.

Definately green skirt...the ring is what is tough. The way i compair that it is red vs orange is I have keds red, and i think the middle of them are closer to keds red than an orange.

Now i will say I've not actually seen eagle eyes (because i'm assuming the ones I have are watermelon). I've also got the wonderwoman and they definately have a yellow skirt. With the same ring as my watermelon....so the description on that site says watermelon and wonderwoman have red halo and both of mine have same halo. Shrug not the most scientific method, but that is all I got.

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
Heheh, oh the joys of zoa identification... I'm saying watermelons. Stickin' to it!