Going BigTime!

BigTime

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I only work one way, all or nothing. Go big or go home has always been my attitude. And with fish tanks we all know the more water the easier it is to maintain right? LOL! Well at least that's what I tell myself to justify the crazy room I'm putting together.

The short history is growing up my mom had a 55 gallon tank for a while and we all loved it. Then in my early 30's I got my girlfriend at the time an aquarium for Christmas. And before long it was mine and I had 4 more.... Those were all freshwater and around 2010 I had all these freshwater tanks and refugiums began to be a thing in Saltwater and I began to really get intrigued by the whole balanced approach that I was seeing develop in marine aquariums and was losing interest in the constant water changes I was doing on all those freshwater tanks. So I purchased all this saltwater gear and...well I moved and didn't end up doing anything with it. A couple years later I moved to Colorado from Ohio and I moved twice in a short amount of time. Once I got somewhere I felt I would stay I setup my 220 and was running a FOWLR tank for a couple years. I purchased a 600 gallon and a 320 and when I moved to this house I started to put it all together.

So my office has a 320 setup in it for about 4 months and a leak happens half way down a seam and I got 100 gallons of water on the floor before I can do much about it. I have to tear down the whole room, clean the floors and such and put it all back together. Now here we are two months later working on it. Enjoying my time here on the forums so I've decided to share. View attachment 15929
Here is my office from the top of the stairs.

View attachment 15930

This is my 30 gallon frag quarantine system with my first coral in it. Just testing the water to see if it will support anything. And while the frag has been doing well for the week it's been in there it's developed some algae. I'm dosing MicrobactorClean to see if it will work.

View attachment 15931

This is the 600. I bought some Orphek Atlantik lights for it and put them on top and after a week I had algae that wasn't present before then. I couldn't help myself lol. It killed off the chaeto I had in the sump and I've decided to dose Vibrant in this system to see how it does. One dose in so far, we shall see. In the meantime I've removed the lights while I have stands made for them.

View attachment 15932

This is an 8' sump I had custom built by Crystal Reef Aquatics. I'm using a Nyos 300 skimmer and an Abyzz 400 for the return. The tank has a 2" drain and two 1" returns. I'll follow up with more on the specifics later.

View attachment 15934
This is the quarantine system I've put together to run the Tank Transfer Method. I implemented this when I moved here in March and put all the fish in the 600 and the two larger quarantine tanks (75 up top and 40 on middle shelf).

View attachment 15935
Some of the equipment is in the stand for the 30. I will be running the Triton dosing method to feed the corals that will be in the 220 reef.

I will be posting all my updates here as I progress. More posts and pics to follow soon. Hope to meet more of you soon.

BigTime

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad u started a build thread man! Best home a trigger could ask for!
He's been in the 75 for 4 weeks as of today. I'll be moving him in the next day or so! Excited and nervous. I have a baby Huma Huma in there I'm afraid he will kill. Some how everyone else ignores this small guy but I'm a bit worried this huge crosshatch might not take to him...

Chamby112

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
How to people afford all this stuff and those expensive fish? I don’t understand I put so much money into the hobby I feel and only shop on the 5 for $100 frag racks lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

aquarius

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I keep multiple triggers in my 600 with no issues fwiw. A niger and a pink tail. The pink tail was around 5” when I added the niger that was only 1”

BigTime

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Didn't even notice your watercooled cpu in progress. I also keep my pc dangerously close to my reef lol
Yeah it's been a work in progress for a bit. I got to the tube bending part and stalled out. After Christmas I plan to get it done come hell or high water!

BigTime

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
So last night I added the Crosshatch Trigger I got from Haddonisreef. He was getting tested by my Queen Angel of all things, did not expect that. I thought for sure my Maculiceps Tang who currently runs the place would be the big threat and it was not. He actually didn't seem all that interested. I watched for about 2 hours and went to bed.

This morning I get up and come down to my office and first thing I see is him chasing the Huma Huma around and thought oh no! But it lasted only a few seconds and was over. Nothing since. Although it does appear I missed some fighting. His color is faded and his left cheek appears to potentially have been cut by one of the tangs. He's looking pretty rough and he's being challenged by all the tangs who are under the top 2 in pecking order. Funny enough he seems to run off the Maculiceps when they cross paths.

Yeah it's been a work in progress for a bit. I got to the tube bending part and stalled out. After Christmas I plan to get it done come hell or high water!
I got so mad when I kept burning myself on the heat gun so I just rage bought a bunch of elbow fittings and finished it.

BigTime

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got so mad when I kept burning myself on the heat gun so I just rage bought a bunch of elbow fittings and finished it.
LMAO! Yeah don't think I haven't thought about it!!!! There are two bends that got me feeling all kinds of anxiety, but I got this. If not I got elbows lol.....