Information on good aquarium maintenance service

Hello all,

My wife and I have just made the jump from freshwater to the saltwater world. We had Tom from AquaMart help us move a 150 gallon reef setup to our house a month ago and are loving the aquarium. Still very raw on our knowledge of the saltwater world, we were looking at hiring a maintenance company to service our tank for a while until we have learned and feel confident enough to maintain it ourselves. Going from doing freshwater for 25 years and knowing a bunch to being a complete rookie is a scary thought to us. We have read a couple books, spent time at a few very friendly stores (especially Liquid Kingdom) and have been reading a bunch from this forum. After this, we are still always worried we aren't doing something the right way.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on any place that is good for maintenance? We have contacted both Key Island and one of the site sponsors from this forum already, but just want to make sure we aren't missing anyone that we should consider. We are located in Highlands Ranch.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think you can do it keith it is pretty simple not much different from your fresh water. But you have 2 right nerer you aquatic art and premier both are very good at what they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
we have a couple sponsors that do it
oceans apart
premier fish and reef
aquatic art

are the 3 that come to mind but check the sponsors page we may have one i forgot

Yep, just depends how much money you have. Aquarium maintenance is pretty pricey, so if you are short up, then just do your reading and move slow. If you have lots of money, then pay them to come tutor you and set it up!

Thanks for the replies.

We are definitely not made of money, but I think when you make the commitment to do an aquarium you need to provide a good life for the fish/corals you put into the aquarium. We just want to know for sure that everything is functioning and the setup is as good as can be and properly maintained while we are learning.

We decided to go with one of the site sponsors (Oceans Apart) for the service.

Thanks Again!

Hey Chad,

Tank is doing well, ended up losing three fish overall from the move (Coper Band Butterfly, Marine Betta and a Sweet Lips) which really sucks but all has set in nicely now. Oceans Apart is still maintaining the aquarium. As soon as I get new carpet...hopefully be the end of the month I'm going to have Wicked help me with another setup and hooking up an RO/DI unit at the house. Looking at getting LED lights for the 150 but not sure which setup would be best for the aquarium. I will start a post on the Forum to see if I can get some input.

Here's a few pics-
[attachment=61796:name]

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks good Keith. Too bad your marine beta didn't make it. He was pretty.