1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

JDA Build-Off Competition Entry - 60g MBP&S Cube

Discussion in 'Competition Entries' started by jda123, Mar 9, 2019.

1. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Day 36: Back from week-long softball trip with the kid. Tank sitter did not fill the sump, but this is why you have redundant stuff - water is a bit cloudy and excess algae on the glass (looks like the tank in Finding Nemo when they put the pebble in the filter impeller), but everything looks OK. Fish are eating. Ended up, so far, with a pari of Banggai/Kauldern's Cardinals, Pair of Creole wrasses (only one is eating, so I expect to lose the other one), YT Blue Damsel and a Florida Pygmy Angelfish. Coralline spots have come in the last week. I have an order of MBP&S coming from my friend Quinn at Boom Corals - he gave me a sweet pack deal, just like anybody would on these "weeds." Should be here on Tuesday or Wed... photos to come after after I unload them and clean the glass from the week-long vacation ordeal.

I have no yet seen any new growth on the birdsnest that I put in there.

Need to update the cost total to see if I can afford a used CaRx setup. I found a really old knopp for like $25 and I already got a regulator for $19.99. I will do this after I get the final invoice from Quinn.

I need to update the first page tank photo too.

2. scmountain

scmountain Copepod

Try being engaged to Darla...... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:............:sob: hope the wrasse pulls through, maybe try the "medicated" frozen food that is soaked in garlic to induce appetite?

3. jda123

Day 37 Photo. About time for some snails or an urchin. Algae is coming on strong now. New corals here and will take some photos tomorrow - freebie Hammer in the tank since it won't fit on a frag rack.

[​IMG]

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  4. jda123

Day 38: Frags are in. Pack was $250 with shipping. I might look for a Stylo later on down the road - I hate it when they spawn, but that will give me every one of the MBP&S.

[​IMG]

5. scmountain

scmountain Copepod

What is that?

6. jda123

Montis, Birdsnest, Poci and Stylophora... the weeds of SPS.

scmountain and TheRealChrisBrown like this.
  7. jda123

Day 47: 15 gallon water change which was late. Supplemented with caclium chloride and baking soda for the first time. Got the levels up to about 550 and 14. I will let them drift down to about 400 and 8 before I dose again.

Will probably set up a cheap CaRx that I got, but it needs a trip to the hardware store to get seals and stuff which while cheap does take effort. :)

Frags lot a bit of color, they have good PE and are looking good. I will likely mount them next week.