Jebao pump stopped working

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I've cleaned this pump multiple times and I can figure out what's wrong with it. It'll turn a few times or once and then stop. I've research and people are replacing the ceramic with plastic but my pump appears to be different cause I can't get the bottom ceramic piece out and the top is already plastic. Any ideas or anyone have this problem and fix it? If you have this small version for sale I'll buy it too, this has been perfect for my 8g cadlights tank and my sps are very angry without it.

!

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is it a return or a powerhead? If powerhead, google for "reef central top reason jebao wavemakers stop working and a super easy fix for them"

Was a good thread on reviving them.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sounds like it is fuzed soak over night in vinegar. Then take a pair of channel locks and try and work it a little bit put it back in vinegar work it a little bit more eventually you will get it off but you have to be careful not to break the shaft

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry guys sisters boyfriend proposed so got caught up in that, I'll post a pic tomorrow. I've already soaked in vinegar cleaned and taken apart the shaft and everything and cleaned it as well as I can.

I did did google the reef central and my pump is a different version but I'll check again to make sure. It has to do with the ceramic causing friction, the top of my pump is already plastic which was one of the fixes and the bottom ceramic doesn't seem to come out on mine. Pics will hopefully help.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay I will work on getting that sucker out and then find the correct size tubing. Hopefully it does come out cause it should be an easy fix from there.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What wp is this I may have a spare part. Just be really careful soak twist soak twist. Repeat repeat. What I think happens is that ceramic really heats up and sand or something gets in there.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Need to borrow a small pump? I have one you can use for a few weeks if you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
And the picture of the bottom of the propeller is the second ceramic piece and I'm having a hard time with it. I'll be going over to my parents to tonight and my dad will have some better tools for me but so far it doesn't rotate or budge.