Just a heads up

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have never had any pests in my tank kept montipora for a long time and recently got a new one I dipped it and put it in my tank.

Jack recieved the same Monti from the same person And he also bought one from a local vendor. As many of you know he found a Monti eating nudi yesterday and got me thinking I better check. So I did and low and behold that Monti had eggs on it and a couple adults. Checked my other montis and found a couple adults no eggs though.

So if your receiving any montis do it with caution there are nudis going around.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you have sold any Monti in the past month or two check your frags and post here if you have them.

It's embarasing but it needs to be done!
If you have recieved Monti from me please look them over see and make sure. Luckily there hasn't been much leave my tank really maybe a couple pieces though

Craigar
Jack

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's hard to admit, especially right before a DBTC, but there are some beautiful tanks in this club that I, for one, do not want to have a finger pointing at me with accusations of destroying. It's quite possible that you don't even know you have them.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I haven't recieved any lately or sold but would coral rx kill the eggs?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow not good. So did you take a tooth brush to the frag just gently scrub?

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I scrubbed the heck out of the frag dipped it and then scrubbed it more and more I'm debating on weather to just throw the $60 piece I bought away but I think it's to late thee in my tank now

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
When I had them years ago the only way I finally got rid of them was to take fresh middle frags of my colonies that were visably clean and then I ditched the rest and dipped the new frags. Haven't seen them for seven years now so all is well for me. I tried most the other methods and never had success

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Today I dipped all of my montis... I'm in a fortunate position to do that. Then I pulled the montis out and thoroughly inspected. I found eggs on 2 montis so I used a steak knife and scrapped as much as I could off. I will probably continue to do this every few days for 3 or 4 weeks.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have pmed all that recieved a coral from me in the past two months that I can remember if I missed someone I'm sorry. I'm trying to make things right if I did anything wrong it wasn't on purpose.
It's embarasing for me that my tanks dirty

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Craigar;203863 said:
I have pmed all that recieved a coral from me in the past two months that I can remember if I missed someone I'm sorry. I'm trying to make things right if I did anything wrong it wasn't on purpose.
It's embarasing for me that my tanks dirty

I had this happen about 2 years ago with zoa eating nudi`s and it sucked dipping all my zoas every 3-5 days for weeks upon weeks. Unfortunately things like this happen and sometimes is hard to catch. IMO there is no reason to apologize but instead its a reminder that we should all always dip and inspect our corals before adding them to any system no matter where they came from.

I guess the practice of having a QT system for observing and treating fish should essentially be used for corals also.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've sold monti's in the last few months. I looked at my display, and existing frags and there are no bugs. I haven't added anything in my tank in months, but the last time I did, was a rescue frag. Before I put it in the tank, I noticed AEFW on a frag, I got from a local reefer on this forum. He didn't know he had them, and he was glad that I told him about it. I qt'ed the frag and took all the eggs off and had it in qt for a month.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;203870 said:
try dipping your monties in bayer advanced, then rinse them well with clean tank water...
I've heard this a few times. What ratio and how long?

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm going to deal with my mother colony of red monti after the meeting it's 2' long and encrusted around birdsnest and tons more. I have dipped all my corals I can and will be moving some of my bigger nicer colony's to my parents qt tank so I can keep them away from getting infected more

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Well count me out for frags at this weekends swap as well. Looks like some how picked them up recently too. Maybe good news or fluke but the one frag I just dipped in SeaChem's Reef Dip, seemed to remove them. However I found them on my basketball size Green Monti as well. Dang it, dang it, dang it!!!!!