1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Just saying hey

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by apex_seeking, Dec 16, 2018.

1. apex_seeking

apex_seeking Copepod

I was informed that there was a group that really knew there stuff and was super helpful here and after cruising through the site, I figured why not.

My name is Craig. I’ve only been into reef tanks for about a year but have had fresh water tanks for 10+ years. I’ve done communities, planted, breeding programs and full blown Amazon predator tanks.

I am currently stocking a custom 30 gallon tank I built (I’ll post a build thread of the whole setup). Last year I got my feet wet with a 5 gallon with a custom sump that had its ups and downs. I learned a lot and decided to upgrade and here I am.

I have a pair of mocha (or so I have been told) clowns and a starry blenny. The normal clean up crew and a serpent star along with 3 rock flower anemones and a rainbow bta. I haven’t gotten crazy yet with corals. I’m trying to get the anemones settled in a bit before putting too much in there.

2. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Welcome! It is a great group of people here. They have been very helpful to me and are also very giving!

3. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Welcome! We'd love to see pictures when you can! What part of town are you in?

4. Legonch

Legonch Emerald Reef Supply M.A.S.C Club Member Featured Sponsor

5. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

welcome :) where in the state are you?

6. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Welcome aboard and looking forward to seeing your build thread!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

7. apex_seeking

apex_seeking Copepod

I’m in north Denver. Not too far from Elite reef.

Matt_Arian likes this.
  8. Welcome you belong to a great group that is very helpful.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app

9. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Welcome! Glad you found us!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

10. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Welcome. Glad you could join us!

11. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Welcome to the addiction! Reefs are awesome and always a lot to learn. Pics are great as others have said. Hope to meet you soon.

12. apex_seeking

apex_seeking Copepod

That’s one of the things I like most about the reef tanks. Learning. And watching the intricacies of the eco systems we are trying to create. How everything interacts. Not just the chemistry but the animals too. It’s amazing.

Matt_Arian likes this.
  13. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Glad you joined the group.

14. halmus

halmus Prawn Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

Welcome. Glad you joined the group. Looking forward to the build thread.

15. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Welcome to the group! Look forward to seeing your setup.

16. FOURSTARS

FOURSTARS Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

17. Matt_Arian

Matt_Arian Copepod

Welcome to the madness! I like your mentality and outlook on the hobby. I am absolutely fascinated with the biological interactions of these unique ecosystems. Every enthusiasts tank is a different slice of ecology and biology and I always love looking at people's examples, whether good or "bad".

SynDen likes this.