LED lighting

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Needing to figure out a new lighting system for the girlfriend's tank. She has a 57g tank that is 30"w x 18"d x 24" tall.
I saw these leds and wondered if this light would be sufficient?
http://www.cfsco.net/aqledli12bld.html
The tank does have a center brace.
I am pretty dumb when it comes to these led thingys.:D

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Hmmm that center brace is going to be a PIA to get around Mike. You will get a pretty good shadow from that center brace using only one panel and 2 prob wont fit right?

Might have to go with kessils or maybe ReefKoi's spots.
Be curious what others with a 58 w/ center brace and LEDs are doing as well.

crustytheclown

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't have a 58 gal but I have a 40 breeder that I made rimless with a brace in the center. I have a radion and it dosent have that much of a shadow. I'm looking into getting the new lenses that ecotech just came out with, hoping they direct the light down into the tank more!!!

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
WatercolorsGuy;186705 said:
Dang that's cheap. Says 3watt LED's, but never heard of them. Might want to search a few national forums and see if anyone's reviewed them, quality-wise. Is this a 56g/57g 30x18x24 "Column"?

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
majicmike;186814 said:
I run tao tronic on my tank .....I have no complants about them
Good to know.

Same As TaoTronics But Dimmable
Wonder what that means exactly. Knock-off, rebrand, or not the same at all? Worth investigating though...

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
majicmike;186814 said:
I run tao tronic on my tank .....I have no complants about them
Definitely good to know. I like the price and she loves the LED look. She is currently running 250w MH and PC's. And yes she has a little bit of shadow down the middle.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;186710 said:
Hmmm that center brace is going to be a PIA to get around Mike. You will get a pretty good shadow from that center brace using only one panel and 2 prob wont fit right?

Might have to go with kessils or maybe ReefKoi's spots.
Be curious what others with a 58 w/ center brace and LEDs are doing as well.
Two of them might fit. But I am trying to do something with less money...but I really hate buying a piece of crap to begin with. Such a dilemma nowadays with the economy.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Mike you can borrow a 120w led panel from me tomorrow to test out if you want but I need it back prob by Friday as its on my tank in garage but I can use PCs until you bring it back.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;186843 said:
Mike you can borrow a 120w led panel from me tomorrow to test out if you want but I need it back prob by Friday as its on my tank in garage but I can use PCs until you bring it back.
Thanks Chad! I probably won't be able to get to it this week. Maybe some other week?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Hmmmm I am headed to Ambrozio's house off Chambers and Mississippi to pick up a 6 line hopefully today so I could bring it with me if you wanted and you can meet me there maybe. I guess depends on if you are working today though

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
WatercolorsGuy;186705 said:
Needing to figure out a new lighting system for the girlfriend's tank. She has a 57g tank that is 30"w x 18"d x 24" tall.
The tank does have a center brace.
I am pretty dumb when it comes to these led thingys.:D
I'm for sure going to have to check these out. 2 lights for ~$300, hard to beat that. My only problem is just the blues and whites. This is what keeps pushing me towards DIY as then I can use al 3 white ratings, royal blue, blue, turqoise, true violet, red, green. Basically DIY you can do all the colors available, put them on their own channel and be able to truely have a full spectrum light that's fully controlable.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you do check these out...please do a write up. I am very curious how they perform and the quality. I still have a lot of tanks that need lights.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm having a hard time finding a reason not to try them. Only downside is I'd need 2 for my 120. Not sure the wife wants to spend $350 on lights right now. I'll let you know though.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would love to upgrade to LEDs. I like the look a lot better :-D I currently have T5 lighting which in the long run will cost me more.