Friendly reminder do weekly pump checks

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just wanted to give everyone a reminder check your pumps for any seeping. I saw mine seeping on weds and I got home today and the seal completely gave up. 90 gallons on the floor. Luclky I always have an extra seal for all my pumps.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks man. I may have more of a problem than just my pump seal I think my sump may have a seam coming apart may just be residual water coming out from under it. Atleast that’s what I’m hoping
Dang alot going on with the new little miss glad you cought it! Congrats bro!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Heater check, pump check and have back ups! I have a cheep back up pump in the case of emergency. Been through that! Don’t wanna have to buy something expensive because I have no option.

Great reminder.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Reeflo recently re-designed their seals, or so they say, and the they are supposed to be much better now. So if you havent changed them recently, might be a good time to do so.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Reeflo recently re-designed their seals, or so they say, and the they are supposed to be much better now. So if you havent changed them recently, might be a good time to do so.
I had a seal on hand luckily. I will be ordering a seal to have on hand so hope they have the new one. What’s different?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Not sure exactly, but Reeflo guy said they totally re-engineered them, and they should be much more reliable now. Bought a few at MACNA but haven't opened them to inspect them up close yet, and compare with the ones that are currently in my pumps

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure exactly, but Reeflo guy said they totally re-engineered them, and they should be much more reliable now. Bought a few at MACNA but haven't opened them to inspect them up close yet, and compare with the ones that are currently in my pumps
Mine have been lasting 3 years or better