Light Comparison

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's hard to compare. Both will probably give you around the same PAR, but the bridgelux will probably give you a little bit better color.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Let us know how you like them. I'm looking for lights for my 120 build.

Drew

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just ordered them up. Says I should have them by Friday. Ill let you know. For the price these seem like a great deal. Also I can add lenses onto them. So that is an option.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Let me know when you get them. Would love to come check them out. How many did you order?

Drew

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very nice.

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got the lights in today. They look very good! I am not sure how well the hangers are going to work. I need to figure out a way to get them up nicely but Ill get some pics up when they are done.

fc_reefer

Cleaner Shrimp
Luke.Fraizer;191803 said:
I just got 2 and your more than welcome to come and check them out. I just have the 75g and 2 of them will fit very nicely.
What part of foco are u in? I would love to check them out too if that's cool. I am looking at similar lights and can't decide. I'm far south near college/trilby.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
I agree, that one looks interesting, wonder how much to do custom layout. I'd rather have the opposite ratio of white/blue (more white, less actinic), then the stock model listed.

Besides separate timers and statically setting the dimmers, could you control these further with a reef controller? Do advanced stuff like random cloud-cover, storms, etc.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You could probably do that stuff if you we're willing to open it up and void the warranty.

Drew

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is what you would have to do. I don't think I would do it reversed. Having over 800w of mh on it before going to this seems dull but the added color looks amazing and the mixture of the blue/white looks good to me. No spotlighting either even at 3in above the surface of the water. There is not really a good way to connect them together so I am going to make some kind of bracket they can screw to and than mount the whole bracket. Or make a canopy which I don't have one of now anyways. I'll try ad get it finished up today and put up a pic or two. I live right in old town if you would like to come see. I can let ya know when they are all up and happy.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can't wait to see pics.

Drew

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not only for reds but they are in parallel so I can get in there and add a resistor to the front of them. Turning the blues up more helps too. I'm going to have to mount them about 2 in off the water to get them to have a natural look to them. Any higher and it looks a bit silly.