Live Autofeeder

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I am looking to add a couple of seahorses to the 40 breeder in the library. It has a healthy supply of pods in it already, but I am worried that adding a couple of seahorses might decimate those numbers and I am looking for an alternative. I have seen those live brine shrimp in tank feeders, but was wondering if anyone had something on a larger scale or another idea for a live feeder for in the tank.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
mini fridge with a dosing pump and line from the tank into the fridge back into the tank to auto dose frozen. Check out what I did in my 104g tank.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
sethsolomon;646605 said:
mini fridge with a dosing pump and line from the tank into the fridge back into the tank to auto dose frozen. Check out what I did in my 104g tank.
I have seen plans for those but I always wondered about the food left in the line.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;n646647 said:
I have seen plans for those but I always wondered about the food left in the line.
the food in the line is in the fridge so its a non issue. There is always water running from the tank into the fridge and then back to the tank.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Check out RC. With the newer DOS pump and 2 way pump. Guy used a single bottle wine cooler thing to store food. It would pump a tiny amount of tank water into food resevoir to stir it up. Then meter it into tank, and finally a brief reverse to clear the line.

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So you get a reservoir of some tank water, thaw out some frozen food in it, put that mixture in a mini fridge, run a dosing pump sucking water from the tank through the food mix, then into the tank?

So I could go on vacation for a week, and not worry about feeding my fish? If so, that is awesome!

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Why so complicated? I have a pair of kuda in a 10g aio by themselves. Feed them mysis and reef frenzy daily. Just get tank raised so you can feed frozen

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Had them for over a year so far with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk