Long tentacle plate help

fonduecat

Cleaner Shrimp
Two weeks ago I got a long tentacle plate coral and it looked great in the store. It tried to inflate when we got it home but it was in a higher flow area, so we moved him to try and find a better spot. Today he's not looking good and has yet to inflate for over a week. Water parameters are good, (0 ammonia, nitrites and nitrates, 8.3ish pH, 460 calcium, 12kH, 1.025 salinity).

Any ideas? Right now he's on the sand with low flow. Lighting is a Ecoxotic led.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alk is a little high, but if that's normal for you then ok. What kind of tank did he come from, as in params and lighting? Haddonisreef is the guy I'm hoping will chime in here, he has awesome fungias.

Sent from my tablet using a rock and chisel

Last edited by a moderator:

fonduecat

Cleaner Shrimp
I got him at Aquamart, so it was slightly different lighting than I have. The Duncan I got there on the same day took a week to adjust.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Keep it out from under the white LEDs for a while... maybe forever. See if it does better in the shade. How many whites do you have? Which kind are they? What is their intensity? There is probably too much red/green spectrum in those diodes for this LPS.

fonduecat

Cleaner Shrimp
I'll have to work on the Alk to slowly lower that. I did try feeding it mysis shrimp this weekend, but it didn't seem too interested. The day after I got it though it seemed pretty happy for some food.

I have this light- http://www.marinedepot.com/Ecoxotic..._Fixtures-Ecoxotic-XX09242-FILTFILDTF-vi.html it has 24 12K white LEDs.

I'll try to move it to the shade tonight, give it some grub, and see if that helps. I don't want to lose this guy, he's really cool when fully expanded.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;295455 said:
Keep it out from under the white LEDs for a while... maybe forever. See if it does better in the shade. How many whites do you have? Which kind are they? What is their intensity? There is probably too much red/green spectrum in those diodes for this LPS.

Ohh good point. +1 to this