Vote for your favorite virtual meeting option

Can you use google meets or another (free) virtual meeting platform?

• I dont have a gmail, but I could make one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have a gmail and I don't want to make on for that

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I have been looking into putting together a virtual MASC meeting, and I was think maybe we could do a few virtual live tank tours.
Maybe have a couple people that what to show their tanks, take us through them and let them see or ask questions about their systems.
We would have to use a platform that is free and open to use. Google meets is one such, but to use the free version every one that wants to join would need a gmail account of some sort.
If we did it with google meets, who here has a gmail, or google account, or would you need to make one?
Open to other options out there too if anyone has any suggestions

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
tt

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
zoom works too. I've used zoom more than hangouts. heck if we're just chatting why not the chat bar here? :p

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is there a time limit for google meets? I know the free version of zoom has a time limit. Maybe someone has a zoom account through work and could set it up.

McFish

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a Microsoft Teams account that I can host meetings through, believe it’s unlimited attendees - happy to help set it up if google limits us

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I have a G-suite (Google) we could use if that helps add to the options

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I have a G-suite (Google) we could use if that helps add to the options
That actually would work perfectly I think, that removes most of the limitations, I believe. I havent had much time to put this together yet, but Ill ping you here in the near future

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Finally getting back around to this and looks like Google opened up google meets to be free now, So thinking of doing a 'Club Virtual Holiday Happy hour'.
Who would be up for that? Thinking either the 28th or maybe the 2nd? Thoughts?