Love my kessil's

damontoy

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have be using 3 360 tuna blue's on my 180. I love the shimmer and colors, not to mention they go very well with the Apex controller. My only issue is growing sps. I am now going to add 6 80 watt t5's. I am looking for some advice on the types of t5 bulbs I should purchase. I will be using 6 t5's and my kessil's at a very very low intensity. Please advise on what you use to get your growth. Thank you for your time.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I'd do 4 blue plus and 2 aqua blue special. From ATI. The blue plus have high par and the aqua blues are a nice balanced color. Without the led I'd say a couple actinic bit since you have the led you can do a nice dawn dusk with those. I thing you'll be really happy with the t5 and sps will thank you. (As long as you are good on ALK!) the kessels just don't have the power for your tank and sps. But with he t5!! That'll look awesome and grow you some great coral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I prefer one purple plus and at least one coral plus in mix. I think aqua blue washes out a little color. I would advise one of each so you can learn what you like. It's a little more upfront cost but allows you to play around to find what you like so make base blue plus and go from there