Mangroves?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
How should I have my mangrove? Right now it's in a crevice of live rock w the tip up.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I don't know if it needs to be that deep, but it might not matter how much of the stalk is up as long as the (soon to be) leaf is out of the water. And I'm sure you've heard you have to mist it daily with fresh water to rinse off the salt (simulate daily rain). I neglected mine and it went fast! Good luck.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Been doing some more research and going to try to get a small basket with small sand/coral rubble for it to grow in. I already have a mister I can set to a timer to come on daily with ro water for a few minutes from the ato res. Thanks guys! I'll let you know how it goes *fingers crossed*

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Once they take off, they grow fast. I didn't have to mist mine, but they were in the fish room, which was plenty humid, so that might've helped.

At the advice of the grower, I used styrofoam to suspend them in the water and stabilize them, and their roots grew downward and took hold in the sand bed. At that point, I could remove the styrofoam. I loved how they looked with the roots growing down into the sand, and fish/crabs moving around them. They don't do well if they're getting buffeted about a lot by the current. They very much prefer to be stable.

Last edited by a moderator: