1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Mantis shrimp

Discussion in 'Foods - Coral, Fish, Anemones, and Inverts' started by Roxborough Reefer, Sep 3, 2020.

1. I received live rock 3 months ago. Recently, I realized that I have a Mantis shrimp. Tonight, I just captured my second one. Anyone interested in having one. I still have it in a bucket. The other one, is in my sump. I believe 2 in the sump would be dangerous to my fingers. 20200903_182151.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app

2. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

thats awesome! Wish I had a tank set up.

3. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

How big are they?

4. This one is about 2 inches.

5. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

If you cant find a home here, many LFS will buy them
    Wish I had a tank setup for one, they are too cool

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  6. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

I'm super tempted, I would have to set something up though. I have enough cycled stuff to do so, but it would take me about a week to get it going. I'll think about it and get back to you. Don't hold it if someone else is interested. Do you know if it's a Speer or a club? Or possibly the species? I'd like to look up how big it'll get.

7. Kayvon

Kayvon Copepod

Pretty neat. Where do you get live rock from these days?

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  8. I got the live rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater company. The owner is very good to work with. The quality and service was excellent.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  9. cremer9

cremer9 Prawn

I can come pick him up

10. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Still have one?

11. I hear sounds of the third something in the aquarium. Although I have not seen anything yet. I will let you know.