MASC Science Fair

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cool, didn't know it's free for students. I turn 16 in may.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I imagine MACNA as being about the size of a startrek convention. I'm just wondering why our club gets to be displayed at MACNA and in a magazine rather than the hundreds of other clubs?

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mckibbonator;65733 said:
I imagine MACNA as being about the size of a startrek convention. I'm just wondering why our club gets to be displayed at MACNA and in a magazine rather than the hundreds of other clubs?
Because we pitched the idea to MACNA, and Reef Hobbyist Magazine, and they like it lol. Also, if it wasn't already mentioned, our winner, no matter the age is getting in for free. I've already spoken to Craig, one of the lead organizers, and he has agreed that because this is a special project it would only make sense for our winner of ANY age to get in to MACNA for free.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you have to write an article for the magazine, or do they interview you? I'm not the best of writers, lol. I do mainly cut and dry scientific writing. I don't exactly know how i got into an honors english class when my writing sucks so much.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
We, the BOD, will get any questions that RHM wants to ask and ask you. And return the answers to RHM, so at the moment, unless something changes we don't need you to write an article lol. Just be prepared to answer our questions lol.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
We don't want to hear any geometry questions!

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mckibbonator;65741 said:
We don't want to hear any geometry questions!
1+ dont want to start paying attention in geometry lol

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Now, now, education is good... for the masses.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol ya i know i try to pay attention but it is really hard with our teacher like one day he will give us a quiz on something that he only talked about for 5 min

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
My teacher is really funny, she is a British Indian that thinks the pythagorean theorem is fun.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK since there is only 3 entrants to this years scienc fair, I thought I'd go ahead and announce this. So as you know from the original write up, the winner was going to be written about in the July 2011 edition of Reef Hobbyist Magazine. That was actually a little bit of a fib and we were going to wait until there were 3 finalists, but again there are only 3 entrants. Reef Hobbyist Magazine will be doing a spread on ALL 3 of your projects. Hope they are ready to go, hope you snapped a hundred pictures, took a lot of video, and wrote a bunch out because people from all over the world will be reading about them!!!

We still have 1 more little surprise up our sleeves but will save that one for later!

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweet! Do we get a copy of the magazine? :)
Also i was wondering to avoid having 2 tanks set up could i put like to little mini tanks attached to my tank?

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ummmm, is it a problem if the tank the project was done in no longer exists. I tones of photos, but still.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ya if i do need the tank running at the show i will do to 2 tanks. Just wondering. And is this at a frag meet?

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;67748 said:
is entry closed now?
It did close as of January first. Don, you said you didn't want in? If you want to change your mind since you were one of the original people I might be able to make an exception?

Lil fish man, Mckib, the more that is there presented the better. If you only come with the information and Jeff comes with a whole setup full of things to present, the chances may be swayed?? We would hope that you would have everything you can to present a cool science fair project, as it isn't a project without something to show off lol. And we are not sure if this will be a frag swap or just a normal meet yet but you will have PLENTY of space to take up so no worries there. And again, we have until May.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can bring a little picto cube with some softies in it.