Mav's Red Sea Reefer

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is the new build. Finally finished my basement remodel and Picked up a 425xl Reefer along with a plethora of new equipment.

Build goals- low maintenance, good equipment, sleek and beautiful

Equipment list thus far

Red Sea Reefer 425xl tank, stand and sump
Radion XR30 pro gen4 light
RMS stand for XR30
Mp40 powerhead
Ecotech Reeflink
Aqua medic skimmer
Vectra DC pump
Vertex Cerebra controller
100lbs dry rock from tanks a lot
60lbs sand from Marcos rocks

Stock list for now

Pair of cool clowns
Blue Hippo Tang

Dog face puffer ( possibly)
Dwarf Lionfish (possibly)

Unsure of others yet. These are what the wife and children have expressed desire in.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dumped in some Fritz nitrifying bacteria and now I'm waiting for it to finish cycling. Power went out on the Cerebra controller so it is on its way to California to get replaced. Glad I have all ecotech products, not sure I even need a controller on this tank. I did design a box that the Cerebra will go inside and then mount in the wall next to my tank. I discovered you can use a single USB cord from the unit and split it up to 100 times instead of running multiple cables from the Cerebra

Last edited by a moderator:

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm very interested to see what you think of the cerebra. But this looks to be like an amazing build!

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't think the Cerebra will reach its full potential until they release the cloud capabilities. The touch screen is nice. Issue is with how big it is, and unfortunately there is no front lip to flush mount it at all (which would be the nicest.) May be able to mount it in the stand and cut a hole in the door so the door closes around it. I like the temp probe and construction is nice on all of it. The temp probe has led lights in it for instant indication. Red is out of parameters, green is good. You can get an instant readout on current heading out each outlet as well

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dumped in some Fritz nitrifying bacteria and now I'm waiting for it to finish cycling. Power went out on the Cerebra controller so it is on its way to California to get replaced. Glad I have all ecotech products, not sure I even need a controller on this tank. I did design a box that the Cerebra will go inside and then mount in the wall next to my tank. I discovered you can use a single USB cord from the unit and split it up to 100 times instead of running multiple cables from the Cerebra

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Finally have the Cerebra mounted in the wall. Need to paint the frame but I kind of like the natural wood look.