1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

May Meeting - Spring DBTC

Discussion in 'MASC Events' started by MuralReef, Mar 13, 2018.

1. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

I will probably need to unless my neighbor has enough extra for me to bring all my frags. I cut several tonight and will be bringing at minimum (unless one dies) (2) frogspawn frags, (4) large paly colonies, (3) yellow scroll frags, and (2) pink acan frags. I only have 5 cups.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Kayvon likes this.
  2. zombie

This is 2 weeks away. If you haven't fragged yet, I would recommend doing so very very soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MASC mobile app

CRW Reef and SynDen like this.
  3. Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain Registered Users

If attending, do I need to sign up somewhere here first or just show up? Haha never been to one of these before.

I’ll have a couple beginner frags to bring with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. zombie

You just show up. There are usually quite a few beginner frags left over that some of us that are pickier dont want and will give out to those who want them. You will likely walk away with several more frags than you bring in.

Maddlesrain likes this.
  5. Maddlesrain

Awesome, thank you!:)

6. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Note: that if you attend Reef ED this weekend, and then attend this meeting as well, that will cover the requirement for becoming a Club Member. One way to become a Club Member is to attend 2 club meeting in a year, and both of these meeting count toward that. Be sure to signin though ;)

7. Maddlesrain

Hopefully there’s an event in the fall I can attend to gain Club Member status!!
    Sadly I can’t get to ReefEd this time around

SynDen likes this.
  8. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I plan on attending both Where would I sign in at, at Reef Ed?

9. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Likely will be a sign in sheet near the entrance where we will be selling raffle tickets and such

10. SynDen

We try to do monthly meetings of some sort, so plenty more opportunities as well ;)

Maddlesrain likes this.
  11. JZinCO

JZinCO Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

That's near the top of my 'must acquire' short list!

I recently learned I can't make ReefEd so will make up for it by coming. Probably bring a gorgonian and some gsp..

12. Dub_G

Dub_G Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Hate to miss this meeting. I've been following this build and was looking forward to seeing it in person. I don't think my daughter would understand why I didn't make it to her college graduation though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MASC mobile app

MuralReef and Haddonisreef like this.
  13. SynDen

I hope you all got your frags cut. This is fast approaching

14. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

This is coming up! I can't wait to see all the awesome frags and Halmus's incredible system!

15. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

Bummed I'm going to miss this one, but anything I need trimmed I'll just DBTC on it. Try and start that back up after seeing a post on FB about it.

SynDen likes this.
  16. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

I would like to talk to the OP about it and see how they ran it in his previous club. That is one of the goals of the DBTC program.

17. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

Maybe there needs to be a "Re-seeding" event for the DBTC and make records for who gave/took what. Give us some sort of a lookup record if something goes South for a member.

Just spitballin here.

18. zombie

That's a good idea. We could number the frags on a little sign in list where the giving member puts username and drag name for each one they bring, and everybody who grabs one writes their username on the number they grabbed.

Then if somebody melts their frag, the original person might be nice and cut them another one, or if the mother colony dies in a tank crash the original owner can seek out those they gave away to.

Legonch, Havs and Bdk1786 like this.
  19. Legonch

Legonch Emerald Reef Supply M.A.S.C Club Member Featured Sponsor

Good idea!

20. Legonch

Legonch Emerald Reef Supply M.A.S.C Club Member Featured Sponsor

Whats everyone looking for in frags? Ive got quite a few I could contribute to the DBTC program. Let me know, I'll see what I can do.