Mermaid Gardens 180 build

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Our 75 is full so I guess it's time to go bigger.

We went to the springs last night to get it from Kio707. (Sorry I forgot to take pics). Thanks to all of you who helped load it. We appreciate it.

This was our unloading crew.

They had to navigate through hoarders central.

And down these steps.

Using a cart, make shift rope pully, a lots of muscle and straining.

Not quite an entire wall of tanks. It will be when we move the 30 cube anemone tank from the next room.

Can't wait to get it cleaned up and filled with water.

Oh the possibilities. A new tank is like a blank canvas waiting to be painted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member

Got it filled, all the bulkhead leaks fixed and cycling. Got a 6' 3 MH fixture with compact Fl lights on each side I am going to convert to MH with LED accent lights. Hope to have that done soon.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
10' of tanks. My 75 and 180, still have to move the 30 cube in next to them then will have almost 12'.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes plan to plumb them all together. Want to figure out how to run them together with individual sumps If possible so i can isolate them If necessary. Havn't figured out exactly how to do that yet without having a flood...

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefBrite's installed in my MH fixture and in the canopy. Needs new bulbs but working for now...

Also got my ATO setup and finishing running my RO line to the tub.

P.S. I ended up with an extra 72" Corallife MH 3 bulb (400w) fixture with extra ballasts. If you would be interested PM me and we can work something out.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got a 3 hour power outage test tonight. Transformer blew up in our neighborhood tonight. Remarkably no floods. The only problem I had was for some reason my 75's ATO overfilled a little when it came back on and caused my skimmer to overflow. But not bad.... Was about to go find a generator to get pumps running when the power came back on.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
The tank is starting to come together a little bit. Got everything (except the anemones and a few leathers) moved from the 75.

We also picked up some goodies from coraljunkie. He had some awesome corals and some really great rock. Thanks man.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you. It's coming along.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member

We added a scoly  .

A shot of the fish room.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks. It is a dream come true! We love it! Since there's no ocean front property in Colorado... we had to make our own. +1 for diy.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am almost ready to post pictures and pull back the curtains on my next new build. Will introduce you to my new tank and it's super cool inhabitants soon!

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member

My 180 is filling in well!

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
More pics of the fish room.