Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
300 DD build and fundraiser

Dr.HarlemTutu;250149 said:
Misery loves company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And if I may need to help move tank I'd rather it be an acrylic!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
[attachment=64566:name]I want to check things out before I commit, but looking at my classroom it is a great fit. It would go on the wall to the right under the periodic table out to about the two stools.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I also have a snake, salamanders, a turtle pond, and a 120 freshwater tank.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I run a weekly critter club that helps me and I also get a classroom student aid to help. Otherwise all these guys become a lot of work.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Phase 1 complete

Picked up a solution to sump issue. A nice solid 4 x 2 x 2 shipping container from Josh at Kalani Corals. Now I get to scrub this bad boy!
[attachment=64567:name]

MuralReef;250486 said:
Picked up a solution to sump issue. A nice solid 4 x 2 x 2 shipping container from Josh at Kalani Corals. Now I get to scrub this bad boy!
View attachment 14140
Some white vinegar will cut right through that crud, fill with water add a gallon or two of vinegar and let soak over night.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

freedominco;250488 said:
Some white vinegar will cut right through that crud, fill with water add a gallon or two of vinegar and let soak over night.

+10000000

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have one piece of equipment left from the tear down of the CHS aquarium--the lighting unit. It is a 6' light with 3x250 HQI DE bulbs, plus LED moonlights. It needs new bulbs, but otherwise is a sweet light. I don't know if you are interested or want to consolidate your lighting into one unit, but it is yours if you want it (I may have to charge you $1 so I can make a record of it for the boss). If it does not fit into your plans for this tank, it sounds like you have other tanks/etc. that it might work for, or you could sell it to buy some needed equipment. I would like to see it go to another teacher. LMK if you're interested and when we can hook up to get it from Columbine.
Jason

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Actually that would be really cool. My fixtures are 250 HQI and that might work nicely as I already have the bulbs. I would definitely be interested. I'll send you a message.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I am right there with you Andrew. There are a lot of good people here!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: 300 DD build and fundraiser

Rebel;250499 said:
I would like to see it go to another teacher. LMK if you're interested and when we can hook up to get it from Columbine.
Jason
There you go again being "da man" right on Jason!!! Hey don't stay away too long my friend:D