MuralReef 360 Classroom Tank

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
HUGE thanks to Jason (rebel), he hooked me up with a great fixture, some brutes, and some other great equipment. I am glad that we had a chance to meet and I will definitely be posting some pics!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Waiting for the fundraiser to post. Hopefully Monday and I'll be posting till I getter dun!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Don't know. I am hoping by the end of June but I need to be real too. I will using the sump as a temp home for my fish at home since I need to clear my family room to replace the carpet with wood. The sump is clean the vinegar was the way to go. Once I get the tank I will need sand and polish it in and out. I will be practicing on either the bottom or the back. I still need to design the stand, order the steel, learn to weld, and get that done!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
360 DD is official

So here is the new monster in my classroom! I wonder if I can teach from inside with a scuba mask and a microphone? Huge thanks goes out to all who have helped to make this a reality. [attachment=64605:name]

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I am planning a split stand so I can make it as tall as I wanted. I plan to go with two 2 x 6 ft. sections and bolt them together. I was thinking tubular steel for the vertical supports, the base, and cross braces but using angle iron around the top. What I don't know is how thick and what diameter steel. I am thinking 2 in. on the supports, braces and base and the same on the angle iron. How thick should the steel be and is that big enough?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I didn't ask how to level it just how big does the steel need to be!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
LMAO!!!

Who needs a stand when you have all of those sweet lab tables? :p You have some lucky students...

That is awesome! I love the overflow placement - wish mine were angled like that