1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

My 1100ish gallon build

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by scchase, Sep 2, 2018.

1. scchase

scchase Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Does anyone have suction cups?

2. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

I may be able to help depending on when you do it..

3. scchase

scchase Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

And the glass is installed, let it cure till Sat or Sun, then do some more sanding and 2 more coats of paint plus one more set of braces on the top. Should be able to test fill mid next week.
    [​IMG]20181004_190031 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    [​IMG]20181004_191657 by Scott Chase, on Flickr

jda123, Haddonisreef, neil82 and 3 others like this.
  4. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Looks good! Sorry I couldn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

5. Lmmchops

Lmmchops Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Looking great! Wish I didn't have to work

Sent from my SM-G892A using MASC mobile app

6. Cake_Boss

Cake_Boss Orca M.A.S.C Club Member

When are you doing the write-up for monster tanks?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

7. ShroomLagoon

ShroomLagoon Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

8. scchase

Finally starting to clear up enough to take some more pics. Would help if I could actually stay out of the tank, getting a few diatoms on the sand which is to be expected, all the test corals added so far are doing well and I added the first group of fish for quarantine last Friday. So far a Sailfin tang, Dusumeri, Blue Hippo, and Scopas, Majestic angel, Bluethroat trigger, and Princess parrot. I still have an Asfur angel, Emperator angel, French angel, Powder brown tang, Sohal tang (may go into the seagrass tank), Surge Wrasse, Arceye hawk, Harlequin tusk, and pair of Clarkii clowns in the next set of quarantine fish to go in, set after that in a different qtank Banana wrasse (may go into the seagrass tank), Banana fish, and Vlaminigi tang in that setup.
    [​IMG]PB250056 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    [​IMG]PB250055 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    [​IMG]PB250054 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    [​IMG]PB250058 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    [​IMG]PB250057 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    [​IMG]PB250059 by Scott Chase, on Flickr

SynDen, larryl, Fourthwind and 2 others like this.
  9. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

10. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

This is looking awesome!

11. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Wow just wow might have to come check this out in person @scchase

12. Archit

Archit Copepod Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

13. scchase

First a pic of the 350g refugium/seagrass tank, first seagrasses should arrive later this week, the 5 gallon bucket is full of sand and will have mangroves planted in it. Once I get enough rock the bucket won't be visible anymore but need to find some more first.
    [​IMG]PB270006 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    Getting clear enough I can start to take some pics of the corals and fish that have been added so far though it looks like to get good photos I will have to get in and do them underwater.
    [​IMG]PB270008 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    [​IMG]PB270009 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    [​IMG]PB270010 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    [​IMG]PB270011 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    [​IMG]PB270012 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    [​IMG]PB270013 by Scott Chase, on Flickr
    and finally a pic of a coral on the far side from the long view of the tank
    [​IMG]PB270015 by Scott Chase, on Flickr

Haddonisreef likes this.
  14. Legonch

Legonch Emerald Reef Supply M.A.S.C Club Member

15. IUFan

IUFan Copepod

I see my old blue jaw! I’m so happy he got to go to your sweet tank! Congrats on an amazing build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil82 likes this.
  16. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Don't forget to remove the handle from that bucket.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

17. scchase

Already done

18. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Man, this is really starting to come together quickly now. That 350 went up fast! What did you do to reinforce the seams? I think you mentioned gluing in acrylic (square) rods along all the seams.

19. scchase

I ended up pulling a good deal of the top off where it was the worst and regluing. I was able to inject a lot of the other places but I will keep on eye on it, good thing is even if something does go wrong its right next to the floor drain.

20. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Do you have any sensors or anything programmed to notify you if something like that does happen?
    If the worst case happened and it busted a seam, what would happen? How much water could potentially drain from the system?