M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: My Peacock Mantis

I want one so bad!!!!! What a cool addition

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;229667 said:
ME too! but don't what size to go with for tank!
Shouldn't need bigger then a 30g I highly suggest it! I love this guy he is constantly moving and cleaning out his home and he's cool to to watch hunt, I'm pretty sure he can recognize me already.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
for real, i have a baby mantis, its just a lime green one... I'm mad jealous of your peacock btw... but i just threw him in the sump. He's a spearer tho, so i don't have to worry about him cracking shells left and right but your damn right, always out and about cleaning and reorganizing. Mines only about 2.5 inches at best... just gotta throw in some frozen reef food and he eats it up or i throw in a damsel or something and he waits about 15 minutes before plotting his attack then it vanishes. don't regret buying him at all... makes the sump/fuge more then just a... sump/fuge... lol

:bravo:Congrats on yours

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
he's fun, although when i got him from Elite Reef, they got him in less than 8 hours ago and he had not eaten for them yet, so they sold me it (me thinking and them assuming) as a smasher. To my surprise when it went into the sump with my gold stripe clown that was an *******... 2 hours later, clown was gone and the mantis was holding it in the front of his cave with his spears. check what you buy before you get it... not that i regret it, but that if i knew that it was a spearer, i wouldn't had risked my clown.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Even a smasher in the right conditions can take a fish. If you read over at like the RC Mantis forums, the number one rule generally is don't put one in with anything you couldn't bear to lose.