My 75 gallon tank

CaptainJack

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bought this running system from down in Colorado Springs. So I can’t really take credit for the build design.

[GALLERY=media, 120]TANKALL by CaptainJack posted Oct 15, 2020 at 6:53 PM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 124]TANKL by CaptainJack posted Oct 15, 2020 at 8:30 PM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 125]TANKR by CaptainJack posted Oct 15, 2020 at 8:30 PM[/GALLERY]

I’m running:

75 gallon 4 foot tank I believe a marine land
With a offset center overflow.
3 section 3 foot sump.
(Filter sock/skimmer,heaters, bioballs /return)
CPR HOB refugium
Nyos Quantum 120 Skimmer
Two Radion XR30
Two mp10 that are being switched out to mp40 (I realize this is overkill but dream tank is to come)
Apex classic running temp and ph probes
BRS reactor for Carbon and GFO

Fish:
there were three of these clowns but I think when I moved them the female got territorial again... the two remaining are very happy.

Corals:
the original owner had some nice sps that I homed with a buddy until I could get this stabilized.

A fun selection of zoa -
bbebs[GALLERY=media, 116]B4DE7F6E-FE35-4E46-A471-B645E56ED740 by CaptainJack posted Oct 15, 2020 at 6:20 PM[/GALLERY]
rasta[GALLERY=media, 117]C10F7C3D-493A-4E05-9B84-34F27127B464 by CaptainJack posted Oct 15, 2020 at 6:20 PM[/GALLERY]
scrambled eggs[GALLERY=media, 123]Scrambled Egg Zoa by CaptainJack posted Oct 15, 2020 at 8:30 PM[/GALLERY]
punk rockers[GALLERY=media, 115]EB48D499-647A-4BF6-B96A-D027C2DFA68C by CaptainJack posted Oct 15, 2020 at 6:20 PM[/GALLERY]
pinwheels[GALLERY=media, 122]Pinwheel Zoa by CaptainJack posted Oct 15, 2020 at 8:30 PM[/GALLERY]
unknown
[GALLERY=media, 119]A26AD554-FA43-4576-AAE1-551981103B3E by CaptainJack posted Oct 15, 2020 at 6:20 PM[/GALLERY]

a monster Duncan... 150 heads? Pro tip. Don’t try and count your Duncan coral heads while stoned[GALLERY=media, 121]Duncan Head by CaptainJack posted Oct 15, 2020 at 8:30 PM[/GALLERY]

unfortunately there was a huge bubble coral that didn’t make it. It tried to fight it out but crashed on day 5 and almost took the entire tank with it.

we drove down to the springs and loaded it all up. Got it home and installed. I didn’t use the existing sand bed and put in a new Carib sea 2 inch bed. the previous owner didn’t have any rock in the display but had lots of super dead rock hanging in the back yard. I put that in a tub with salt a heater and two power heads. And dumped in a fritz turbo that I got with my algae barn order. (I have been using bio s after visiting the guys at mile high tides in my display so felt the fritz wasn't needed) I let that cook a week and cycle, it didn’t have much decay on it so it went fast.

I added that rock to the display today and started “dry” placing some of the zoa colony around. I’ll aquastik them in place when I’m sure I’m happy.

So far i had a little diatom bloom from the sand being added but otherwise pretty stable. This is my first time running an apex and im having fun learning about how it works.

previously i had a 120 gallon before moving to colorado, i will say i was missing that extra 6 inches of width when trying to aquascape this and keep it balanced looking. ill add more pics over time. having trouble getting a bunch to load.

Cheers
Jack

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks good, some nice pieces there. Hope that dry rock doesnt cause to much problems

CaptainJack

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks good, some nice pieces there. Hope that dry rock doesnt cause to much problems
thanks syn. the rock tub water tested well so im not too concerned... i do have 75 gallons of RODI and 75 gallons of Salt made up just in case the water quality starts to shift in the tank. My wife is thrilled at the giant containers of water hanging around. :)

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Congrats on the tank it looks great. 3 clowns shouldn’t be a problem hopefully but good you’ve got it covered if it is.