Need ID on this critter

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
It's a nudi for sure, what kind can be very hard to tell. When in doubt, take it out!!

BansheeGrl10

Cleaner Shrimp
Thanks I removed him he was cool looking but not worth losing my corals over is there a fish that eats them tho cuz I ended up finding another too .......crazy after all this time little critters r still emerging

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
BansheeGrl10;319931 said:
No and do I need to remove him and will he hurt me if I do lol
I read a story once I think on reef central not positive though. At any rate this guy found a bunch of little nudibranches in his tank and was picking them out. Well he thought it may be faster to just squish them and did just that to one of them. Within minutes he knew something was wrong. He ended up being rushed to the emergency room and nearly died within an hour or so. Point being there are potentially deadly creatures in our tanks even if we don't realize it. If you don't recognize it, assume it will kill you and exercise appropriate caution. Just my humble opinion.

U all r great.......and just so u know I used tweezers to remove them however r they toxic to ur tank if they get squished as u r trying to remove them with tweezers ?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Im going to go out on limb and say that is def a zoa nudibranch and I would encourage you to read the following recent thread regarding the same thing.

Also I would encourage you to dip your coral each and every single time you get a new one with no exceptions and never skip the dipping no matter what as one frag is never worth jeopardizing your entire tank.

http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25011

So I guess my next question is what step do I do next I've picked the ones I could see so far but should I just dip all my rock too using coral revive?

How would it work with biocube 14 I have the pests in one that is setup and another that is currently empty that I might possibly be able to use as a temp qt tank I guess I need more help or explaining