Need ID on this critter

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would get that biocube up and running barebottom with no rocks or decorations. make sure to add something to seed the bacteria. Since you dont want to transfer any potential nudi eggs to the second biocube, dr tims, biospira, etc. could be used to kickstart the new tank. Let it run until ammonia and nitrates hit zero and do as many water changes as are necessary to get nitrates below 20 ppm (much lower is better, but corals can handle that level for a few days better than being eaten by nudis). If that nudi was a zoa eating nudi (i suspect it is) then the inly thing that needs to move to QT is your zoa colonies. If you used superglue, they should come right off with a little bit of force. They will all need to be dipped before going into quarantine. I would recommend getting a small bottle of coral rx and do a 5 minute dip in coral rx followed by a 5 min dip in revive before each frag goes into qt. They will need to stay in there for 6 weeks if I remember correctly to allow time for all nudis to die in your main tank and for all the eggs to hatch and die. After that period has passed, you can safely add them back to your main tank after a full dip and acclimation procedure without risk of the nudis coming back.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
BansheeGrl10;319945 said:
Now I'm gonna be worried all night lol

You would have known within minutes if you had been affected by the toxins, at least if it were the same ones from the story. The guy who wrote it said he knew almost immediately. I don't think it will affect your tank as the toxins are derived typically from a food source much like poison dart frogs, or monarch caterpillars/butterflies. Toxins are already in their environment. Although it could have a degree of effect considering the toxins that would otherwise be contained are now released.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya where are you located? I'm in downtown Denver and I have some Coral RX you are more then welcome to use

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Should only take a couple days. Just make sure ammonia and nitrite are both 0 and nitrate is below 20 ppm. Wait to do any waterchanges until you see ammonia and nitrite spike and go down to 0. Then you can do 50% waterchanges to get nitrate in the right range if necessary.

Thank u guys I'm gonna clean out the dust and crap from the tank today and fill it tomorrow thinking to get a wrasse for the qt tank too .......this just sucks cuz now I'm battling aptasia and these pests in my current and the new biocube was suppose to replace my current one as a display tank cuz it's all scratched so I was gonna use that as a frag tank and restart over with it everything is going wrong possible ......feeling stressed with this tank seems my current tank has just been a battle after another ......

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You could always get some fresh live rock and live sand for the new tank, set it up, then dip every coral frag that you move over to the new system. If stuff is attached to rocks...you will have to frag it to get it off...but making sure that you dip everything very well and checking for eggs might get you off the hook as far as worrying about pests getting into the new tank.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
jahmic;320019 said:
You could always get some fresh live rock and live sand for the new tank, set it up, then dip every coral frag that you move over to the new system. If stuff is attached to rocks...you will have to frag it to get it off...but making sure that you dip everything very well and checking for eggs might get you off the hook as far as worrying about pests getting into the new tank.
+1 This might actually be your best option. If you were planning on moving stuff to this tank anyway, now would be a great time to set it up and get it done. Like Khalis mentioned though you will want to frag of any corals that are attached to the rocks, but if they are on plugs and just glued in, then they should be easy to remove. I would dip them and then take a soft toothbrush and gently scrub off the plug and coral to remove any eggs you can, then dip again and then place in the new tank. Leave all the old rock in the current tank though, as you wont want to dip the rocks. If you removed the corals, especially the zoas, then the nudis wont have any food and will eventually starve. After a few months (not quite sure on the nudi life cycle) you will then be able to move that rock into the new tank.

Also have you fragged zoas and /or palys before?

Ok that makes sense to just get it set up and running I have live rock that is in a bucket with sw and air stone so it didn't dry up so just need to get sand and water for the new tank not sure what I am gonna do with my fish yet but have 2 other tanks that r running as well so I am sure I can find a home for them til new tank is setup just need to get the coral rx so I can dip them in the process of setting up to minimize some risk to all my zoas and gonna move my zoas out of my 16 g as well and qt them ......we also have a tank that's just my husbands that's FOWLR with angels would I possibly be able to put my zoas in there while doing tear down and setup of old tank cuz I have to move it from upstairs to downstairs before I can setup the new biocube

Also how long do I have til the pests wipe everything out obviously this whole thing is prolly gonna take at least a week to get the whole switch done just wanna make sure I'm not gonna lose most of my stock before it's all done