Need some advice for some new fish.

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello, Its time to add some more fish, and Im looking for some input on what would be good additions.

Right now, Ive got a coral beauty angel, three green chromis, a pair of baby clowns, yellow watchman goby, royal gramar, and a pink dotyback. A couple of snails, and hermit crabs.

Tank size is 75 gallons, and it is fully cycled, with just live rock in there now. I would like to add corals soon.

Id like to add a yellow tank, and a blue hippo tang eventually, but ive been told to add them last due to aggression, etc.

Any suggestions are most welcome, thank you in advance!

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't want to be a tang police but your aquarium it's way to small for those tangs and I think you are pretty much stock ,keep an eye on the coral beauty when you start adding corals.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
tony02133;369437 said:
I don't want to be a tang police but your aquarium it's way to small for those tangs and I think you are pretty much stock ,keep an eye on the coral beauty when you start adding corals.
+1
I'd also add you might get away with it when they're small but with the coral beauty in there being a similar shape/size you'll likely have compatibility issues in the future.
How much live rock do you have?

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah even if you get them small they will outgrow your tank in a heartbeat

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks guys. I forgot to add I have a 135 gallon tank in the garage I will graduate into. I'll hold off on the tangs for a bit. What other fish could I put in my 75 for now?

I have about 120 lbs of live rock in the tank currently. Totally clueless on corals. Never have done anything like that. But want to. Not sure where to start.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zoas are pretty hardy for beginners. As well as leathers, mushrooms, hammers and frog spawns.

rjl45

Clown Fish
Irishman;369498 said:
Zoas are pretty hardy for beginners. As well as leathers, mushrooms, hammers and frog spawns.
+1
LPS Corals are fairly easy as long as you maintain water quality. SPS are more challenging.

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was thinking about adding a wrasse actually. That and a starry blenny.

My lfs said I needed one or three or more of the chromis. So I added three, one was dead in two days......hmm, went and bought another, two days later, another one was dead. So now there are two in there, and they are happy so far. Is that typical? The lfs said I needed three, but two seem to be the number now.....

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Legonch;369530 said:
I was thinking about adding a wrasse actually. That and a starry blenny.

My lfs said I needed one or three or more of the chromis. So I added three, one was dead in two days......hmm, went and bought another, two days later, another one was dead. So now there are two in there, and they are happy so far. Is that typical? The lfs said I needed three, but two seem to be the number now.....
Thats normal for chromis. After some are established, normally new chromis additions die. I would not buy any more chromis. If you feel like a challenge leopard wrasses are awesome but it is a bit tricky to get them to eat and takes some effort. But once you get them to eat they are awesome!