1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Neil82's build-off competition entry

Discussion in 'Competition Entries' started by neil82, May 4, 2019.

1. neil82

neil82 Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

I'm still needing to add a small power head to increase flow.

2. neil82

This photo is 9/26. I'll grab another one soon. The tank needs a water change and cleaning. 20190926_162527-1200x1600.jpg

3. neil82

We just moved and the tank seems to be doing okay considering all the disruption. I'll try to grab a pic with the light on tomorrow. 20191109_074908-1024x1820.jpg

4. neil82

I placed the tank in the office area at the new house rather than our daughter's room. She is 13 months and mobile now, so trying to keep her and the tank safe. 20191109_092129-1600x900.jpg

SynDen and SkyShark like this.
  5. neil82

It's felt like progress to date has been minimal on this tank. It's mostly a result of not putting in the time required. Worst case scenario, is that after a year, I'll have one year old live rock. The bicolor pseudochromis is doing well and seems happy.

6. neil82

I had to bail out on this tank build. It was hard to come to terms with, but I couldn't keep up with it. I had been struggling to maintain the tank from the start, and then with moving and breaking down my main tank, it overwhelmed me.
    The day after xmas, I found the bicolor psuedochromis laying dead on top of the media compartment. That was pretty much the end of it. I only topped off water while the tank received no attention. I grabbed the snails, zoas, crab, ricordia and put them in my other tank. I don't have any additional photos, but it was a mess. I had high hopes for this tank.

SynDen likes this.