Neptune FMM Reservoir Fill

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I've picked up two FMMs lately and am using one to control the RO/DI system to fill a 55-gallon reservoir. One Optical sensor is in the top, the other is at the 40-gallon mark. The top sensor is called RESOFF, the bottom sensor is RESON. I want the behavior to be: RO/DI starts up once the RESON sensor switches open and have it shut off when the RESOFF sensor switches closed. This way it'll run and fill about 15 gallons. Right now, my programming looks like the below and it is starting up the RO/DI system whenever the RESOFF sensor switches open.

Programming on a virtual outlet I created:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If RESOFF OPEN Then ON
If RESOFF CLOSED Then OFF

Programming on outlet to control solenoid valve:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output RSFLSTP = ON Then ON
If RESON OPEN Then ON

Any Neptune help would be greatly appreciated!

Adam

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Start with this (you don't want a set OFF here or the virtual outlet)

Fallback OFF
If RESON OPEN Then ON

That will give you the desired behavior. After that has run a few times, look at your outlet log (make sure to enable logging for the outlet now) and see how long it takes to fill the reservoir. Multiply that number by 1.2 to 1.5 or so and replace XXX:XX below with that. Also make sure your firmware is current or this trick won't work.

Fallback OFF
If RESON OPEN Then ON
When On > XXX:XX Then OFF

Email
(Existing code)
If Error outletname Then ON

This will stop the fill and alert you if there is a problem that is allowing it to run longer than it is supposed to so you know when something is wrong.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you - It's been updated! The ATO runs from that reservoir and consumes 15 gallons in about 4 days so we'll see how it goes!

I'm a huge APEX fan, up to 17 modules on this system!

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Howdy Zombie -- another question for you.

I have a solenoid valve called RESERVOIR that is opened by the FMM as defined above (working properly, thanks!) I'm going to put a flow sensor upstream of it to sense the case of a tubing/plumbing rupture. I.e.: If the solenoid valve is closed, and the flow sensor detects flow, set an alarm. This is obviously not 100% solid but I think it'll add an additional level of protection.

For what it's worth, I travel globally so adding additional automation and safeties is almost a necessity!

Thanks!
Adam

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is the basic form. Replace x with flowrate you want and adjust names as necessary. You need a virtual outlet for this.

VOname
Set OFF
If Flow > X Then ON
If Outlet solenoidname = ON Then OFF
Defer 000:02 Then ON

Email
(Existing code)
If Outlet VOname = ON Then ON

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Much appreciated! I'll install the flow sensor this weekend!