New Chinese Vortech MP-40 I give you the new Jebo Wp-40

Hey guys havent checked my account for about week looks like they're going to be a hit in Colorado too. I finally decided that this is just what I need so I bought a 15-24v universal laptop charger on eBay for $12 it also comes with 9 adapters for different size ports so that's good. I didn't see the group buy in time so I bought one on FishStreet.com after following the RC thread for 2 months. RA is saying that their cable for the WP-40 is compatible not only with the reef angel but also the apex so looks like these are going to be just as awesome as the MP-40 just not as pretty even though I think a cord on the outside glass is any prettier than then on the inside but that's ok because the WP's price make up for that by 100 miles now all we have to see is how they function in the long run.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

that0neguy1126;235679 said:
Came home from work today and had a box waiting for me to my surprise.

View attachment 12702

View attachment 12703

[video=youtube_share;2wL_EHpzfIc]http://youtu.be/2wL_EHpzfIc[/video]

Just the 1 WP40 was able to create a very decent wave in an 8ft tank.

So far (it has been in the tank a whole 15 minutes) I have been very impressed. The pump feels solid. It is super quiet, I could not even tell if it was on until I looked at the propeller.
The only downside is having to spend a little bit extra and DIY it to make it controllable. But for $108 there is no way you can not pass one of these up. I am about to order a second one. Also, the power cable and motor are in the tank instead of outside like the MP40.

It is basically a Tunze with MP40 settings.

The only remaining question is, how long will it last? So far no one has had any issues with it in the US, but the longest I have seen is about 2 months. They have been sold over in Europe for quite a while and I did not find anything indicating a high failure rate.
I jus received mine too. Directions are in Chinese. Lol. Did you get yours online?

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea. I got it from fishstreet. Directions were the same. Shouldn't need them to connect everything and get it working though. Fairly simple connections.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

that0neguy1126;236194 said:
Yea. I got it from fishstreet. Directions were the same. Shouldn't need them to connect everything and get it working though. Fairly simple connections.
There was a lil resistor looking piece in the bag with the controller. Have no clue what it is

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's the light sensor. There should be to little holes to plug it in on the side of the controller. When it gets dark, the pump goes to 50% power for "Night" mode.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

I seen the one in a separate package that said light sensor, is that a spare?

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

HOLY $&@*! That puts out a lot of flow. It's moving all my sand on the far side of a 4' tank with the dial all the way down. Might have to redo some stuff

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

jda123;236338 said:
Do you all think that you could make a wavebox with one of these? Just curious...
My guess is yes, maybe someone with one can chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: New Chinese Vortech MP-40 I give you the new Jebo Wp-40

Justin144;236709 said:
Can you not tune down the flow on these?
I have a 4ft tank would it be to much flow?
Yes, maybe

that0neguy1126;232258 said:
Yes. it used a Variable 12-24v DC between the controller and the pump.

This means there are many ways to mod it. What I will be doing is putting in a 0-10v PWM input, with 11-24vDC output. This will allow me to control it with the Apex variable control ports. Basicially you take the input from the controller, which is 24vDC. and then it goes into another card, that will vary that from 11-24v based on the 0-10v PWM input the card is receiving.

Many people have also bought variable DC power supply's (the ones with the slider switch that let you adjust from like 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 20, 24vDC)
Here you go.