Opinions k2r ca reactor

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have an opportunity to trade for one of these and know nothing about them. Any one have experience with them?

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
They are good. CaRx are an easy concept... the only real differences that matter are the pump and reverse vs. regular flow. I would use one.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Juan, I run the reactor with a master flex. It has the potential to be a great system. The k2r has been better than my MRC. Pretty simple reactor... it’s probably 20 years old! The eheim pump still runs silent.

I am thinking of going to three part. Mostly due to being out of town a lot and having problems with forgetting to get co2 and such. I hate to have my wife test and have to make adjustments to the calcium reactor. I guess user error is my problem lately...

I got a nice parastalic pump that I can control from a far. My wife and kids are good at testing alk and can call convey that info.

I am definitely NOT selling the reactor, master flex or the aquarium plants regular as it is an awesome combo. Time will tell what I’ll Really end up doing. I have no problem recommending the k2r though. I’ve grown a lot of coral without ANY other supplements with the thing. Just good old halides and water changes. (10 gallons a week)

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Juan, I run the reactor with a master flex. It has the potential to be a great system. The k2r has been better than my MRC. Pretty simple reactor... it’s probably 20 years old! The eheim pump still runs silent.

I am thinking of going to three part. Mostly due to being out of town a lot and having problems with forgetting to get co2 and such. I hate to have my wife test and have to make adjustments to the calcium reactor. I guess user error is my problem lately...

I got a nice parastalic pump that I can control from a far. My wife and kids are good at testing alk and can call convey that info.

I am definitely NOT selling the reactor, master flex or the aquarium plants regular as it is an awesome combo. Time will tell what I’ll Really end up doing. I have no problem recommending the k2r though. I’ve grown a lot of coral without ANY other supplements with the thing. Just good old halides and water changes. (10 gallons a week)
If you use an apex, there are ways around the forgetting about CO2 and needing your wife to adjust it. With proper coding, you can be alerted when CO2 is starting to run low (it detects about 10% remaining IME) and you can make minor adjustments remotely by adjusting the internal pH up or down slightly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MASC mobile app