New Holding System, what should we put in it?!??

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Unicorns and mermaids!!!

Sea horses and designer clowns would probably be big sellers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Elf on the Shelf in scuba mask!

On a serious note what about a rotating selection of rarer species....like one month do all exotic clowns, then next month do rare wrasses, etc., etc.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
TheRealChrisBrown;366342 said:
Elf on the Shelf in scuba mask!

On a serious note what about a rotating selection of rarer species....like one month do all exotic clowns, then next month do rare wrasses, etc., etc.
How about the Elf on the Shelf with a harpoon through its head!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Seahorses would be cool but is there enough demand. Rare fish and inverts of any kind.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

I'd say designer clowns for sure. You could also do an all ORA fish selection which could include clowns

Last edited by a moderator:

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

What about various non photosynthetic coral species? That would possibly work well with the cuttlefish / sea horse / other atypical livestock. You could feed the coral heavy and the other animals would thrive.

You just might need higher flow in a few of the tanks that the motile creatures wouldn't like.

crisc

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks for all of the ideas! Since these holding systems are really meant for temporary displays it has to be something that sells so the critters don't have to spend a long time in these systems. If it is fish than I would like the ability to medicate in the future if needed so it rules out a lot of inverts or corals. I think designer clowns are a no brainer. Maybe a mix and if i need to medicate I can move the inverts out temporarily.

I do like the wrasses idea!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dang...
I was just about to say put rare/extra fantastic/feature corals in there with inverts, fancy clowns, blennies, etc. Corals that you really want to highlite, so they don't get lost in the flat. And maybe the fish that are hard to see and/or catch.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd love to see additional captive bred fish showcased. There are some awesome gobies and blennies that would be perfect for nano tanks.