New to MASC, Just Moved to Denver, Need 160 Gallons of SW quick :S

IUFan

Angel Fish
Hi All!

First post here on MASC.

We just moved across country to Lafayette, CO area.

I have a 180 gallon tank and trying to get that setup today. My main problem is that I went to start filling with RODI, hooked that up, and my water pressure is 20pai, at that rate it will take me all week. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to try get this tank filled in next 48 hrs? Open to all ideas.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome! Glad you found MASC. I'm in Lafayette and have an RODI. I don't have any water on reserve right now though. Let me know if I can help make some water for you.

IUFan

Angel Fish
Thanks for the offer Neil!

What kind of pressure are you able to run through your system? Do you run a booster pump?

IUFan

Angel Fish
Doing some more research it looks like I just need to buy a booster pump, anyone know where I could buy them locally?

Looking for the Aquatec 8800? Any ideas?

crisc

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I have one in stock for $129.99. It is a new pump but has an old transformer power supply. Pump is $109.99 and $20 for the power supply. We also have 800g of water on hand but we are in highlands Ranch. If you have questions call me at 720-253-8660.

Cris

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Welcome to MASC and to Colorado! I'm not sure which (if any) vendors carry booster pumps in stock. Might need to order one, but that doesn't help with getting RODI quickly. I have 40 gallons in Loveland, but that's a bit of a drive for you. Again maybe not super helpful, but I think my water pressure was 40 - 50 psi out here.

Super old thread, but Allison is in Broomfield and it might be worth asking: http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum/...1-booster-pump

A quick craigslist search didn't turn up anything, but it looks like maybe RODI units might be used in home "herb" growing systems. Maybe one of the grow supply stores for that sort of thing might have a booster pump? Victory Hydro Gardening is off of South Boulder Road - (303) 664-9376

Last edited by a moderator:

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
IUFan;n673565 said:
Thanks for the offer Neil!

What kind of pressure are you able to run through your system? Do you run a booster pump?

I don't use a booster pump. We are at 50+ psi at last check. The pressure gauge on my rodi unit has stopped working. Are you on Lafayette city water supply?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
If you get a booster make sure you have a switch to turn it off or have it set on a timer. I burned up a pump that was left running after the reservoir was full.

Roscoe

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
TheRealChrisBrown;n673574 said:
Welcome to MASC and to Colorado! I'm not sure which (if any) vendors carry booster pumps in stock. Might need to order one, but that doesn't help with getting RODI quickly. I have 40 gallons in Loveland, but that's a bit of a drive for you. Again maybe not super helpful, but I think my water pressure was 40 - 50 psi out here.

Super old thread, but Allison is in Broomfield and it might be worth asking: http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum/...1-booster-pump

A quick craigslist search didn't turn up anything, but it looks like maybe RODI units might be used in home "herb" growing systems. Maybe one of the grow supply stores for that sort of thing might have a booster pump? Victory Hydro Gardening is off of South Boulder Road - (303) 664-9376
I also have 40 gallons on hand and I'm in Loveland as well. So of you do make the drive that's 80 gallons.
Oh and welcome to Colorado and to this awesome group!
Stay salty

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I could have 150- 175 gallons in Brighton text me at 303-5two3-37two6.

IUFan

Angel Fish
Okay. Cris had a pump for me but wrong size fittings, so I just ordered one online, arrives tomorrow.

In the meantime, love the idea of buying some water from you all, my concern is how do I transport it??

Some pics:

Pressure gauge on my RODI. (Moved to a different faucet and am now getting 31 psi) it's the 150GPD, so figure maybe I can get 60 gallons a day with this pressure?

A pic of the temporary holding tank that will be home to my fish and rock for about 9 month until I set up my existing tank. It's a 180 gallon stock tank.

A pic of about 1/2 the rock which made the journey with me this time, going back to drive out the tank and fish.

A pic of what my tank used to look like up until about 2 weeks ago.

IUFan

Angel Fish
Roscoe;673622 said:
I'll give you the water no problem their
Do you have some kind of large container that I could borrow?

I have 4 blue 7 gallon square drums but I left them with the tank back in indy doh!

I have 3 5g buckets with me.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have about 4-5 brute trash cans 30 gallon +

Roscoe

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
IUFan;n673627 said:
Do you have some kind of large container that I could borrow?

I have 4 blue 7 gallon square drums but I left them with the tank back in indy doh!

I have 3 5g buckets with me.

Sorry man was at the movies. But I see Irishman is on it

IUFan

Angel Fish
Well here we go. Installed the pump. And tap cracked only 1/2 way open she's now running close to 80 PSI, I can open the tap more but it climbs close to 100 psi which worries me a little.

This is temporary, and also scary.