Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster

SeaMonkey

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Currently I only have cheato in it. The fuge is part of the 120 gallon sump and takes up roughly 17 in x 22 in x 17" deep. The main tank is 180 gallon. I would like to stay under $100 for the light.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
2-3 of those clip on lights with grow bulbs would do just fine then, and be under $100.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya either of those would work pretty good I think, and fairly reasonably priced. The puck would be great over a refugium, with a similar output to the bulbs i mentioned but a smaller footprint.
I could see using 2 of the 200w lights to make an awesome Algae scrubber too

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I’m using one of these. My fuge section is about 14x16” it grows cheato well.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

SeaMonkey

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
The Kessil H380 would be great but just don't want to spend that much on a fuge light. Thanks for the suggestion Dr. I will look into it.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I bought a PAR38 style plant bulb like this one and I must have had it too close to the water/spray and it shorted out. I didn't really examine it too closely when I bought it a month ago, but there wasn't any kind of lens cover over the LED's. So I sent it back and got a refund and bought the one @Dr.DiSilicate recommended. And I'll probably mount it a little higher this time :)

flagg37

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Be thinking about how to direct and contain the light to the fuge area. The more it spills into the other areas the more likely you’ll have algae growing in them too. I used to get a bunch growing on my skimmer.

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bought a PAR38 style plant bulb like this one and I must have had it too close to the water/spray and it shorted out. I didn't really examine it too closely when I bought it a month ago, but there wasn't any kind of lens cover over the LED's. So I sent it back and got a refund and bought the one @Dr.DiSilicate recommended. And I'll probably mount it a little higher this time :)
Hey sorry, I don't mean to sidetrack the thread, but how do you embed a link in the post like you did?

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
For years, I had always used a compact fluorescent bulb in a metal reflector that you can buy at any hardware store. They seemed to work really well for growing Red Dragon, dragons breath, and Dragons tongue. I went through quite a few bulbs and 1 reflector due to the salt water. I now have a Kessil H80 but since I am going to have a much longer refugium, I will need to get 2 lights probably.