My 1100ish gallon build

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
So I am finally getting close to getting this build done. When I bought my new house in 2014 one of the keys was a space that I could finally make a truly massive build in and since I have already built a plywood tank I decided to go that route again. Please see my thread on my 480 gallon build for more information on that tank. One key difference this time is that I decided I wanted to have two viewable sides which doesn't seem to be a very common configuration for these tanks. Total size is 8'x6'x3'. A friend of mine custom built the steel stand in place custom fit to the floor, since the tank and stand are both to big to ever get out of the basement in one piece everything has had to be built in place. I am now awaiting quotes on glass and following the installation of the glass I should be able to have everything online within a few weeks. I finished the first round of epoxy top coat earlier this week and then will do another 2 coats after glass installation. I still need to custom build a sump that will connect to the 360g acrylic aquarium that will serve as a refugium with seagrasses.

Livestock will be focused on traditionally non reef safe fish. Triggers, angels, large tangs and wrasses. Despite their reputations I have found them to be reasonable well behaved with SPS and leathers so the tank will focus on these two groups. For SPS it will be mostly montis, Poccilipora, and the like, the weedier the better. I keep all the high end stuff in my 480g.

On too some pics.
20170930_102609
by Scott Chase, on Flickr
20170930_110254
20170930_110300
20171213_182430

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Really hard to bond acrylic to the resin, floor is concrete and the ground out here may as well be rock

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Glass has been ordered and will be delivered sometime next week or late this week. Once I get a date I will need the help of 3/4 people to unload it from the tank, take it to the basement and set in place.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Glass has been ordered and will be delivered sometime next week or late this week. Once I get a date I will need the help of 3/4 people to unload it from the tank, take it to the basement and set in place.
I'm always up to help, keep us posted

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MASC mobile app