Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Ok everyone the next meeting is going to be DBTC SWAP and will be hosted by our fellow reefer and Board Member Craig (aka Craigar) at his home. Craig has another BIG AMAZING 700+ gallon system This will count as a meeting towards membership for those looking to become a badge member, just make sure you sign the sign in sheet or we wont acknowledge you were there :p Again this will be a DBTC Swap; meaning bring a coral to swap/trade, leave with a different one.

So stay tuned we may do some pre-registering to help it flow a little better and save some time and we will also list a time as it gets closer ...and we hope to see you all there and make this the biggest one yet ....just another reminder I think we had 300+ corals last time so you won't want to miss this

here is the link for the Rules and Regulations on the DBTC program http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...n-Introduction

check-in will start at 2pm .....there will be a cut-off time like last the last meeting it will probably be around 2:45-3pm (final cut-off time to be determined before) after the cut-off you will NOT be able to register any more corals so try to be there by 2pm please...there was at least one person last time that was too late and was not able to participate

Also please make sure to bag or pee cup your corals separately and label them ....there will not be extra bags or pee cups there or time to re-bag them ...and nobody wants to take a coral home in their pocket :)

THERE SHOULD BE ENOUGH CORALS FOR ALL ....so even if you don't have anything to bring chances are that you will still go home with at least one!

and last but not least don't forget your COOLERS!!!

Details:

Date: November 10th, 2012
Time: 2pm-5pm
Place: click HERE for a map and address
More Details and Updates to Come soon!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
2nd week it's my bday weekend I get to pick first lol jk

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey guys. Happy to announce that a spot has been picked. The November DBTC will be held at:

Craigar's house!!!!! On November 10th from 2-5pm

We will update the first post with his address and directions. Start fragging some corals so we can have a good turn out.

So Craigar's house, November 10, 2-5pm. Mark your calendars.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh nice!!! 2 consecutive close meetings?!?! This is awesome!! Does anyone have a tank stretcher I can borrow?

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok guys this will be a fun event!!! Lets trade some corals. I'm opening my house on nov10 from 2-5 ( if people want to stay later that's fine with me!!!) we will be doing the Dbtc at this meeting and it will be the premier of my system I will explain how everything is running and hopefully trade some great corals!!!

For those of you that don't know what my system is as of right now I have just over 720 gallons running with the display on the main level and all the sump in the basement. Here's a link to my build tread if you want to check it out.
http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showpost.php?p=165629

I will allow beer and alcohol but if you get out of hand you will be asked to leave. It's byob by the way

The address is

Hudson 80642

Lets make sure we have some frags to swap you guys have 6 weeks to get some Dbtc corals cut. I can't stress enough if you have pest please disclose before you trade corals

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
As mentioned in the first post, REMEMBER to label your corals!! From past experience pee cups have always been the easiest, that doesn't mean you HAVE to get pee cups, they're just easier to label and swap!!

For those who aren't familiar here's a short version of how it works:

1. If you've pre-registered (told us what you're bringing ahead of time here) then your corals will already be on the dry erase board. You don't need to check the corals in, just get your tickets. If you haven't pre-registered then you will find the person who is writing on the dry erase board and tell them what you have to swap.

2. Those corals will then be categorized into three places. Usually - extreme, standard, beginner. Usually Aaron or Scott will handle ALL of the identifying to keep things in order. You will get a different colored ticket that corresponds with what category corals you brought. Example: Yellow - Extreme, White - Standard, Blue - Beginner. So if you brought three extreme corals in this example, you'd get three yellow tickets.

3. The people in the extreme category will go first. That way if an extreme person wants a standard or beginner coral, there might be extreme corals left for those people who didn't bring extreme corals. So, extreme - standard - and finally beginner. So you keep half of the ticket we give you, and give us the other half just like a raffle. We choose a ticket and the person holding that ticket chooses a coral. Once we get to the beginner section we may start speeding things along as this process usually takes a LONG time!! The first DBTC meeting employed a 1 minute time limit to choose your corals. We will probably have a time limit to choose your corals so make sure you are ready when you get to the board!!!!!!

That's a pretty short version of what will happen. Here are some other things to consider. This WILL take a few hours. Probably one or so hour, depending on how many people are there to register and check every coral, and another couple of hours to get through everyone picking corals. You CANNOT bring 10 beginner corals and exchange that for 1 or more extreme corals. It just becomes way to difficult at that point, so we only do one for one at whatever category the coral is. As stated above, LABEL your bag/pee cup/container to make everything run faster. If you have pests, we HAVE to know this prior to the swap. The last swap I think someone got red bugs, NOT COOL!! Even if you've treated or are treating, the people need to know. On the flip side, remember to dip ALL of your corals when you get home. There's always a possibility that something slips through the cracks. That's all I can think of now lol!

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I think the last point is worth restating.

If you get new corals it is YOUR responsibility to dip and QT properly. Even if someone does or doesn't know and you get a pest this is still ulitmately YOUR responsibility to care for everything you put into your reef!!

I'm not suggesting people knowingly pass along pest but it can always happen.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Ill be there for sure, just took the day off. I only hope my truck is up and running by then, or I might have to hitch a ride! LOL

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Starting to get my coral list together for this event... may have more as it gets closer but here is my list so far, with no quantities.

Meteor shower
Orange Diggi
Green Stylo
Green birdsnest
Pink birdsnest
Pink and gold Pally
Alpha and Omega pally
blue candy cane
Rainbow riccordia
purple haze monti
Hollywood stunner
Dragon eye zoa
eagle eye zoa
Blowpop zoa
Riddler Zoa
Orange monti cap
Idaho grape

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
Oh my goodness this one sounds exciting. I love this group even if there aren't many gals
in this hobby, you guys have some of the most amazing tanks I've ever seen! It's great
to get to see your set ups and I will be at this one for sure!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll be updating this post as I get some more fragging done, but here's what I have fragged (and healed) so far:

Orange Montipora Digitata
Orange Guttatus Birdsnest (x3-4)
Alpha and Omega Paly
Alien Explosion Paly (x2)
Purple Haze Paly (x2)
Dragon's breath macro (x2)

kyuubichan218

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
2sweet;196730 said:
Oh my goodness this one sounds exciting. I love this group even if there aren't many gals
in this hobby, you guys have some of the most amazing tanks I've ever seen! It's great
There are some gals, but it's sometimes hard to tell online. I'll be fragging soon and get my list up. Unfortunately my whole colony of raptor's rainbows melted while I was in Hawaii, but I'll see what other sweet stuff I can find to bring.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
2sweet;196730 said:

My wife's into reefing she just has no time to be on here!

Thanks for the compliment on the tank. After the meeting at mikes. his setups hard to top mine

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No Craig. After your house following Mike and then you will be almost impossible.