October DARC Meeting - CAS Fall Auction 10/12/13 9a-4p Arvada

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Greetings,

The Denver Area Reef Club invites you to join us at the annual Colorado Aquarium Society Fall Auction on October 12th from 9-4. CAS will be auctioning marine fish at 11a, 1p and 3p and frags will be offered as well. Looking to pick up some new or used gear? Some great deals can be had at the auction. Admission is free!!

Interested in auctioning off some of your spare frags? CAS has graciously extended discounted member pricing for auction items to MASC and DARC members. Remember to bring your MASC membership card to take advantage of this special discount. Non-members may sell as well, though at a higher fee. Or, you can choose to join the CAS for $16 and get member pricing.

For information about auction rules, please see: http://www.coloradoaquarium.org/index.asp?Option1=auction

Admission is free and buying at the auction is a good deal! It also helps benefit CAS and it's many educational and school out reach programs. In addition, you can make new friends and convert more folks to the dark side.

What: DARC Meeting & CAS Fall Auction
When: Saturday, October 12th 9am - 4pm (sellers may register at 8am)
Where: 6750 Carr St, Arvada CO

For more information, please see the CAS website http://coloradoaquarium.org or visit the DARC FaceBook pages at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Denver-Area-Reef-Club/129753933068

We hope to see you there!!

View attachment 15884

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mind Blowing Corals will be in the house!

Frags for sale, fish for auction and cool gear too.....

Did anyone mention Pizza????

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had fun last night at the CAS meeting, while giving a presentation on Nano Marine Aquariums, to a group of enthusiastic CAS members. For a freshwater centric crowd, over half the attendees had marine tanks and the remainder were interested in starting!

Thanks to Schulyer and the AlgaeBarn crew for bringing some of their goodies to the meeting.

Next Saturday (10/12) is the CAS Fall Auction. Be sure to mark your calendars for a fun day of gear and critters. There will be several complete tank setups being auctioned off. This will include a 75g system, a couple of 55s and a crap ton of new 40g tanks. Mind Blowing Corals will be there selling frags and there will be both frags and marine fish for auction.

What better way to spend a Saturday??

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does DARC have a website?

Also, do you have to be a CAS member to buy at the auction? Didn't find any detail on the CAS website.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
DARC uses Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Denver-Area-Reef-Club/129753933068 as well as RC.... though to be honest RC is a bit slow these days.

You DO NOT need to be a member to buy at the CAS auction.... you just show up, cash in hand. If you wish to sell at the auction, then CAS is extending member selling privileges to DARC and MASC members. CAS will take a smaller percentage of the final selling price. Admission to the Auction is free.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Man, if this wasnt a Thursday Id stop by and check it out, unfortunatly Thursday is probably the worst day of the week for me.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
You mean if it wasn't on a Saturday?? :)

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good question... I'll find out on the auction....

I'd guess that Mind Blowing Corals will take cards.....

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
H2O_intolerant;271262 said:
Do the CAS guys have a card reader or is this cash only?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
Cash, Checks with ID and Credit Cards are accepted for auction purchases.......

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
rmougey;271325 said:
Good question... I'll find out on the auction....

I'd guess that Mind Blowing Corals will take cards.....

From what I am told I will be not taking payments, there will be a cashier next to me taking all our payments. I believe its cash or card.

AlgaeBarn will also be at this meeting/auction. It was nice meeting you at the CAS meeting Rob!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Sorry I didnt make it to this event. So.......those that went, how did it go? Score anything good, anything MASC should learn from or try to do at one of our events ?

CRW Reef;273019 said:
Sorry I didnt make it to this event. So.......those that went, how did it go? Score anything good, anything MASC should learn from or try to do at one of our events ?

PM sent