Official macna announcement

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Are you ready!?!?! The Colorado Organization for Reef and Aquatic Life (CORAL) is pleased to announce that the 26th annual Marine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA), is coming to the front range in 2014!!!! Our event will take place August 29th - 31st of 2014. This will be the first time that MACNA has been held in Colorado!
Event Details:

August 29th - 31st, 2014
Colorado Convention Center
Hyatt Regency Denver

The "MACNA Special" price is ONLY $89 for a FULL -ACCESS CONFERENCE- PASS through October 1st, 2013! This includes everything from the 50K sq ft Exhibit show floor, to the speakers, Friday night MACNA party, and the Saturday Night banquet. You can purchase your own full access conference passes at www.macna2014.org starting August 30th 2013.

Confirmed speakers include:

Jake Adams
Tony Vargas
Julian Sprung
Kevin Kohen
Rufus Kimura

We look forward to bringing you the BEST MACNA in the 26 years it's been held. Be sure to look for events that are uniquely Colorado. Keep up to date with MACNA happenings by liking us on Facebook.

Our website, www.macna2014.com will contain news and updates. So tune in often!

ReefBuilders Announcement - http://reefbuilders.com/2013/08/28/macna-2014-place-denver-mile-high-macna/

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks like I am coming back to Denver!!!!!
I am still in shocking you guys pulled this off....
Can't Wait See You Guys There!!!!!!!!!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pretty awesome!! Should be fun time lets show them what Colorado people are about! Also if there is any help needed I'd be interested!!

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;264468 said:
ya... i just checked and its about 180 a night at the hyatt... might think about getting 2 nights there so i can relax and not stress about the 1.5 hour drive each way.
Check out the MACNA 2014 website, www.macna2014.org. You can now book your rooms at the Hyatt from the Hotels link for $129 per night. That's the event rate!

Did I mention that you could also buy your Full Access Pass for $89. Good for the next three weeks? :)

-Rob

Chair, MACNA 2014

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
As Rob said above, the Rate for the Hyatt Regency is ONLY $129 a night for our event!! Also, the FULL ACCESS PASS is ONLY $89!! This gives you access to EVERYTHING that there is to do during MACNA 2014. This is the best price that you will receive, and we will update you before the first price increase. The website is OFFICIALLY live, so go check out www.macna2014.org and make sure you keep up with the news!! Also if you have ANY questions please contact us through our website. Thanks!!!!

Check out some of the board of directors of CORAL at our booth here in Miami!!

AllysonP;264586 said:
we can not wait to be apart of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Allyson, have you contacted us for a booth space? They are going quick at the moment, as we are selling them at this years MACNA this whole weekend.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
MartinsReef;264600 said:
Who is "CORAL?" Why have I not heard of them?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
My question exactly???

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;264600 said:
Who is "CORAL?" Why have I not heard of them?

Hey Martin.... good question!

CORAL is a group formed from representatives and current Board members of the several clubs along the Front Range. We also have a few industry insiders on our board. CORAL's bylaws allowed us to keep the MACNA bid confidential, as required by MASNA. As such, we also kept CORAL confidential even though our little group has been working for over a year on bidding and eventually winning the MACNA 2014 conference.

CORAL's purpose, in addition to managing MACNA 2014, is to work with the local clubs to help provide logistical and financial support for special events and speakers. We support MASC, DARC, SCMAS and CAS to name a few. If your club is in Colorado, we are here to help.

We will also be launching a series of programs, including direct grants, to help support aquariums in secondary schools. We need the youngsters involved and excited in order to keep the hobby growing.

The Colorado Organization for Reef & Aquatic Life (CORAL) is a Colorado non-profit private foundation and soon to be a Federal non-profit as well. Our board is made up of unpaid volunteers.

As we move forward with the show, you'll here more about CORAL. This is also a two way street, we are here to help, and we also need your help! We'll be relying on the local clubs to help provide volunteers to assist with MACNA. There will be a lot of work required to make this one kick *** show!

And if you thought the Reefstock raffle was big.... just wait...... :) (Cue Jamie!)

Feel free to drop a note to info@macnaconference.org; we are all here to bring the best MACNA ever to our lovely city. Denver has a lot to be proud of in the reefing community.... MACNA 2014 will be one of those proud moments.

-Rob

President, CORAL
Chair, MACNA 2014
Board Member, DARC

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
WOW! Now, this is something I can get into. I will drop you a line this weekend!!

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
MACNA2014;264591 said:
As Rob said above, the Rate for the Hyatt Regency is ONLY $129 a night for our event!! Also, the FULL ACCESS PASS is ONLY $89!! This gives you access to EVERYTHING that there is to do during MACNA 2014. This is the best price that you will receive, and we will update you before the first price increase. The website is OFFICIALLY live, so go check out www.macna2014.org and make sure you keep up with the news!! Also if you have ANY questions please contact us through our website. Thanks!!!!

Check out some of the board of directors of CORAL at our booth here in Miami!!

Allyson, have you contacted us for a booth space? They are going quick at the moment, as we are selling them at this years MACNA this whole weekend.

app is emailed and money has been sent, we will be there lol

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Bought my tickets last night, im 10 minutes away from the convention center, all highway, if anyone wants a couch to sleep on during the festivites, let me know, I can make room for a couple people

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
AllysonP;264685 said:
app is emailed and money has been sent, we will be there lol
Blazinjack;264710 said:
Got my ticket!! Now to find a place to keep it for a year...

"Bond. James Bond." -James Bond
ReefCheif;264744 said:
Bought my tickets last night, im 10 minutes away from the convention center, all highway, if anyone wants a couch to sleep on during the festivites, let me know, I can make room for a couple people
Thanks for the support everyone!! This will be one of the best MACNA's too date!!! We hope to have a lot of representation of the four major aquatics clubs in Colorado!